Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Website feedback

Featured Replies

This is half complete but can anyone give me feedback on what I've done so far? (www.jdonadel.com/about.html). I still need to add a banner but I'm more looking for suggestions on the layout, navigation and general feel of the site. As you can probably tell I'm relatively new to designing, but with this I tried to keep it simple :)

 

Any comments will be appreciated, I need to work out how to give my designs a cutting edge that they all seem to lack. Please be as brutally honest as possible, it's only help me more, I won't take offence. Cheers fellas.

  • Author

Yep - you got that right

 

Haha, atleast I'm doing something right. :yahoo: On a serious note, do you have any comments that can help me improve? You don't sound overwhelmed.

  • Author

Its quite hard to say because there's obviously loads of work left to do.

 

Keep on going with it and keep us posted with the progress..

 

The navigation is complete, the colour scheme is already clear, the layout of the page is complete and the style of the content box, background, footer are all things I'm not gonna change if that goes any way towards helping you (or anyone else) provide any comments.

 

Sorry if I'm expecting too much of you guys to comment at this stage. If no one can give any feedback, no worries, I'll just continue. ^_^

Well yes design wise there isn't a lot to say, it's very plain and simple. That's not to say it's bad, it's just hard to comment on, there is nothing there really. Once you get some content in, pictures etc it'll be easier to judge the overall site.

 

I assume you'll be putting a logo or something into the large header?

  • Author

I assume you'll be putting a logo or something into the large header?

 

Yeah, will do. I'm not sure how I want that to look at the moment though.

I see how you are going for the less is more approach but I feel like it needs a little bit of a secondary colour. Something that will give it a little bit of an identity. Right now the black and white is a little dry. The layout is nice though.

  • Author

I see how you are going for the less is more approach but I feel like it needs a little bit of a secondary colour. Something that will give it a little bit of an identity. Right now the black and white is a little dry. The layout is nice though.

 

Yeah, that's the feeling I get when I look at it. Hopefully that'll be sorted when I add the banner but who knows. A lot of my previous stuff seems to finish and still lack the same identity. I guess it'll be something that improves as I learn and work more.

 

Cheers for the feedback.

What you have there is solid enough, but theres not much to comment on at the moment really :-P.

 

Just as has been said above; it could do with another colour to give the site a bit of life. Once you have put in a header image, I'm sure it will start coming to life anyways.

 

I would personally give each of the navigation items a bit more room to breathe, as there is a decent amount of empty space on either side of the wrapper for them to occupy. I would also have capital letters for each of them. However, these are both personal preferences, not criticisms :good:

 

Good basis for a site, now to take it forward :good:

 

 

Kyle

Hi, i think the links in white dont go well on the background they are sitting on

its quite a nice little design, and if the website actually had content to put in there it would look even better (images and layout etc within the main section and what not)

 

As killer said, it is hard to comment on becuase the site isnt about anything, it just doesnt have much content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.