Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

review my social network (chatroulette meets facebook and skype)

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I remembered I posted about this website which i was working a few months ago and asked you guys to review the splash page. Well the website is 90% done now and I'm planning to release it this weekend. For now i want you guys to review it and tell me all what you think about every details, design, look, feel, compare, everything. Just spill it out people. There are still a few tweaks I need to rectify but its a good working condition.

The website is basically a chatroulette video network where you meet people and then add them if you like so that you can connect with them on facebook later on. The website also allows you to add friends staright up and call any of your friends like skype.

 

So go for it guys, at vidobounce dot com.

post-23052-0-69965800-1303841793_thumb.png

Using FF, your footer is misplaced, maybe needs a "clear:left", havent checked the code to be fair

post-27429-0-35471700-1303937176_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Using FF, your footer is misplaced, maybe needs a "clear:left", havent checked the code to be fair

Thats weird it doesn't happen to me or anyone else that I tested it with. I have also been using it with firefox. Did you try refreshing it?

I have viewed your website at first and can say that you need to add more information at home page. You made social networking website. I suggest you to add images and your members video feedback

Still waiting for you guys to try it out and tell me what you think.

 

Is the footer issue fixed?

  • Author

I'd concentrate on fixing things first, then add new content :)

 

Wait the footer thing ? I have not got it with anyone ? Like I don't even know the problem. what is the size of the screen you are using ?

  • Author

1280 x 720

 

fine in ie, opera and chrome

 

messed in ff4

 

hey man I have the same resolution as you and I downloaded firefox and tried it and it didn't do that. It works like a charm on it. I can't find anyone who had that problem.

What do you think is it ?

hey man I have the same resolution as you and I downloaded firefox and tried it and it didn't do that. It works like a charm on it. I can't find anyone who had that problem.

What do you think is it ?

 

show me a screenshot of the footer in ff4

 

EDIT: Right, when I remove my bookmarks toolbar, it renders fine, when i show the bookmarks toolbar it squashes the site up again, could possibly be because the footer has an absolute position, so always tries to stay where it is even if users toolbars push the site down .

Edited by roothost

  • Author

show me a screenshot of the footer in ff4

 

EDIT: Right, when I remove my bookmarks toolbar, it renders fine, when i show the bookmarks toolbar it squashes the site up again, could possibly be because the footer has an absolute position, so always tries to stay where it is even if users toolbars push the site down .

 

This is how it looks on mine and I added every bar on it.

picpost-23052-0-80389800-1304641615_thumb.png

 

You dont have the bookmarks toolbar installed...

 

It's definately down to you having the footer set in the 'absolute'position.

post-27429-0-70020600-1304666164_thumb.jpg

Right.....as I mentioned a few times before, its the absolute positioniong of your #footer-container causing the problems (dont know why you have used absolute?). When you use absolute positioning it means that element stays exactly where it is, regardless of what's going on around it. In my case, my bookmarks toolbar pushes the site down in the browser window, which is normal, so everything moves down accordingly apart from the div#footer-container which is positioned absolute so will not move with the rest of the site.

 

Not your fault, just a simple error which is easily rectified....see:-

 

Your CSS

#footer-container {
width: 100%;
position: absolute;
bottom: 0;
}

 

My CSS (and also the site without images on one of my domains)

#footer-container {
width: 100%;
bottom: 0;
clear: both;
}

 

http://www.simonvincent.co.uk

works fine for me in ie8 with login and everything

 

only bad thing is the blue border around images

 

I bet if you add loads of toolbars to the top and it pushes the site down enough you will experience the issue :)

  • Author

I bet if you add loads of toolbars to the top and it pushes the site down enough you will experience the issue :)

 

Ok thanks a lot man. Thanks for the point out. I'll fix that up today.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey guys, I made a couple of new changes to the startpage. Made it more clear for people to understand too. Oh btw roothost.co I forgot to tell you that i fixed the footer :) Sorry !

Hey guys, I made a couple of new changes to the startpage. Made it more clear for people to understand too. Oh btw roothost.co I forgot to tell you that i fixed the footer :) Sorry !

 

So you have :D How's the site doing anyways?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.