Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yet another design!

Featured Replies

Very nice clean design, it's just a bit generic though, maybe try making it a bit more personal.

Yeah, i like it very nice and clean. Like rjdejong said, try make it look a little bit personal.

  • Author

Thanks for the tips.

 

Why should I make the web site personal if it's not a portfolio and simply a site for people to download free templates?

 

(I'm not trying to sound mean or something, I'm fairly new to web design)

Yeah, i like it very nice and clean. Like rjdejong said, try make it look a little bit personal.

 

Thats a really nice design, not too sure what type of site you would use it for though

Lovely quality to the buttons, but I'd probably work on the logo, maybe make it less cold/formal, slightly more jovial/looser? Perhaps a bit of form, so the E on the bomb is stretched spherically? Other than that, nice finish

  • Author

I'll certainly have a crack at that. Funny thing is.. the logo was the only part I didn't design :p, anyway I've got psd so It shouldn't be to hard to change.

The logo is the only thing I'm not huge on along w/ everyone else. Love the shiney clean feel. I think maybe sparing use of a highlite color somewhere in there would really set things off

 

I like it, i would be put of by the adverts though.

 

well he's not charging for the designs, so I wouldn't say the adverts put many people off considering thats the only income of money from the site. or so it seems.

 

Thats a really nice design, not too sure what type of site you would use it for though

...free photoshop templates and graphics

I think the thing is you've got to see past things like the adverts. These are merely placeholders with a suggestion that you could use them for adverts.

 

Same with the logo?

 

Unless I totally misread the point of this thread!

  • Author
I think the thing is you've got to see past things like the adverts. These are merely placeholders with a suggestion that you could use them for adverts.

 

Same with the logo?

 

Unless I totally misread the point of this thread!

 

Exactly, The logo use to seem my old web site.. not so much with this one though.

 

I will have adverts when I release the site though, because as TFM metioned above, all templates are free.. I need to get at least enough money to pay for the hosting. I'll try working on the ad's though to make them the same size.. and suite the colour scheme of the web site.

 

Thanks for all the tips guys.

  • Author
I like the design a lot. It's pretty good for someone who's 'fairly new to web design'.

 

We'll I was doing web design a while ago (3 years or so).. and then pretty much quit.. I just started doing it again this year, after I learnt photoshop.

I really like it too, I like the colour scheme you have gone for.

Weel done on this one, will be interested to see it onces its coded.

  • Author

I'm glad everyone likes it.. now I've got a few templates made.. I just need to buy a domain name.. I can't find any good ones though :(

  • Author

Btw.. I re-uploaded the site without the ads.. so maybe it's easier to see it now.

I like its design. It looks clean and nice.

Like its color scheme too. It makes it look professional.

  • Author

Any comments on the new design before I get to coding it?

I prefer the 1st logo :p nice design.

Yeah it is really clean and professional. Good job on this mate. I would love to see it coded.

  • Author
Yeah it is really clean and professional. Good job on this mate. I would love to see it coded.

 

I'll post it when I've finished coding it.. I may take a while though, seeing as I havn't made many fully css pages. Anyway thanks everyone for the comments.

I also prefer the first logo. Also could you get away with making the whole layout a few pixels bigger? This would allow for extra spacing around the copy and bigger font. The text colour is also a little tricky to read.

 

Then again, feel free to ignore me as I've had my head buried in Accessibility Guidelines all evening..... :wacko:

 

 

EDIT: Forgot to say I really like the concept though!!!

  • Author

Hmm.. I think I'll stick with the IE logo, as it suites with the colours of the page.

 

I will make the whole layout a few pixels larger, the text will be crisp in the finished design as it won't be a picture.

Too many rounded corners and too much silver. But that's just my personal opinion. :(

nice design, I think it is very good and clear :D well done

What's that background, communicates nothing, looks a mess. Colours are too dull now and I much prefer your first one.

  • Author
What's that background, communicates nothing, looks a mess. Colours are too dull now and I much prefer your first one.

 

Thanks for your opinion.. I thought the same thing.. I've got a fixed up the new one.. but it has the domain name I'm going to buy which I havn't got around to registering yet.

Agree with Mesa about the background. I know textured backgrounds are all the rage these days but in your case I reckon it detracts from your design. If you're going with a background I suggest a contrasting colour. Does not have to be radically different, just enough to frame the page. Have fun!

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.