Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

let me know what you think, 3dev.io

Featured Replies



http://3dev.io


Hello guys,
Its more like showcase than informative site, but I hope you like it
Navigation (scrolling) is little "fancy" anyway I hope its not confusing, but this is something I want to challenge.
...as well as font size,

please use desktop 

Let me know what you think, .

Thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

Edited by martinezbb
added preview

Site loads (eventually) and I see some animation.

Then nothing....

There is no navigation.

And why only desktop? The numbers of people using mobile devices and tablets now exceeds desktop usage.

  • Author
1 hour ago, fisicx said:

Site loads (eventually) and I see some animation.

Then nothing....

There is no navigation.

And why only desktop? The numbers of people using mobile devices and tablets now exceeds desktop usage.

thank you for your feedback.
could you tell me, please, what does it mean "eventually", it should less than 2sek max.

and.. could you provide me information:
what do you mean by nothing? I believe that you eventually got something :)

there is no navigation for a reason,  My vision was to interest, and let the user to find 
(I guess) easy way* to go further.

Anyway I  understand that you wont follow the idea, cause its nothing like "effective website", 
it is the opposite, more like art wannabe,

mobile version will be ready after whole idea will be concrete. anyway it works 60fps on mobile now..

once more, thanks,!


*scroll down ;)
 

Edited by martinezbb

Bu eventually, I mean I had to wait for the animation. People expect to see something on the screen in less than a second. I waited, and waited, and waited and no navigation appeared.

I touched the screened. and nothing happened.

I swiped and saw some random words.

People don't like to have to think. They like to see what they expect to see. If your aim is to show people you can create an animation then that's great. But if you want people to engage your services you need to give them a reason to do so.

Hmm as a fancy animated page it's great but where's the information for potential customers? Text is almost illegible and so small you have to squint to see it, and when you do spot it links are not obvious.

There are no signposts to guide people as to what to do - navigation!.

Your contact form seems to be missing correct label tags (that's a basic rookie mistake).

So as a demonstration of your skills (assuming you wrote it from scratch and not used cut n paste code) fine, but if you want to attract customers you'll need to have a rethink.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.