Sign in to follow this  
Dean Brabin

Creative Logo Design Feedback

PS: your site didn't load on my phone and was really slow on a desktop. Pingdom says the homepage is 8.5MB and google scores the page speed at 12/100

But the box to the left of the logo adds no real value as as already suggested the words are too small to read on smaller screens and the light grey isn't that good on bigger screens.

PS: your site didn't load on my phone and was really slow on a desktop. Pingdom says the homepage is 8.5MB and google scores the page speed at 12/100

But the box to the left of the logo adds no real value as as already suggested the words are too small to read on smaller screens and the light grey isn't that good on bigger screens.

8.5mb :shok:

might work ok in print at large enough sizes but for difital it's too busy with too many thin lines. website is pretty busy too ;)

try https://tinypng.com/ or similar for your pngs e.g. get a quote goes from 816 kb to 96.8 KB) and as design experts you should know how to optimise your jpegs already ;)

btw "newsletters" is one word, not two. And "one-stop" not "one stop". https://thomas-dean-design.co.uk/ - "travelled" not traveld
As a potential customer i would also like to see more real people from your business and less stock photography e.g. the get quote picture https://thomas-dean-design.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Get-a-quote-5.png

Edited by dap

If you are patient and let them all load.... you can see how it looks on mobile: responsinator.com

As a hobbyist, my first impression or suggestion would be to lose or very much simplify the top bar area with the grey background.

It does take a long time to load, which might not be so convenient for potential visitors. If we are visiting a pro website, we expect it to load quickly and get to the point.

I think it will be better when you reduce the content, and simplify or tidy up the top area.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the point. I thought you were asking about the site, not the logo. I agree with what the regulars here have said. The logo is busy. Even simply having TD or an icon on the left, or nothing, would be fine because it already says Thomas Dean Design, etc.

Edited by Grant Barker

I guess a logo should represent a brand and it does not require to write any slogan on it, simple and short designed logo is always preferred by all.