Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Surprising, there is no mention of Joomla!

Featured Replies

I am surprised that there is no mention of Joomla here.

 

Its a good Open Source CMS.

 

 

Use the search function on here to look for joomla topics, there are four pages worth (a whole four :o).

Edited by throzen

  • 8 months later...

Would be good with a special Joomla thread here, since Joomla seems to be both complex and have lot of good functions and extensions

Use Joomla with extensions. Joomla extensions help extend the Joomla websites' ability. There are five types of extensions for Joomla!: Components, Modules, Plugins, Templates, and Languages. Each of these extensions handles a specific function.

Joomla is horrible, horrible, horrible.

 

I refuse to work on any Joomla project, and would not even go for an interview with any company that listed it in the job description.

 

Same goes for wordpress, drupal and magento ;-)

 

 

Same, joomla is a horrid cms.

 

I've lost count of the sites I've migrated away from Joomla, It's far to complex for the average person to understand, poor templating and you need "extensions" to do even the simplest tasks.

Joomla is much much more complicated than it needs to be, completely user unfriendly and utterly confusing, for those reasons alone because it is much too complex it will not last all too much longer, they are running on reputation alone and it's only a matter of time before it will fold.

I would never use Joomla either. Not very easy for the client to make changes, just a general pitta to develop with. I much prefer to develop in WordPress especially for more basic information style sites, the main plus for WP is that most clients are familiar and comfortable with the UI and those that aren't can find it fairly straightforward to learn.

When I experimented with Joomla I found it to restricting. If I wanted to do something out of the ordinary with a menu I had to deconstruct the basic menu templating and then rebuild it. Then when you try and integrate dynamic content, well all I can say is I dumped it in favour of coding entire apps in php from scratch. Dire time wasting and to dam frigid for it's own good, unless all you want is static sites with a rigid layout.

I really really hate it, not simple at all wordpress IMO is the better player

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.