Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to adjust Joomla site position?

Featured Replies

Hello!

I want to adjust (align) the content (body) of my Joomla site as it's shown on the images attached to this question. There're picture 1 and picture 2. I want it to be like on a picture 1. Basically, I want to decrease spacing above the top horizontal main menu.

post-40498-0-04212100-1452051220_thumb.jpg

post-40498-0-51674900-1452051234_thumb.png

You going to need to supply us with your html/css so that we can see where you going wrong?

 

Or maybe a link to the site for us to take a look.

  • Author

Hello!

You're right. It's just I host my site at home and my server is not always on. But I'll do my best to keep it online for a time being, so my site would be accessible.
Try this link:

 

http://kotkovski.com/oplata

 

I think it's better than a homepage, since the homepage right now is just empty from content.
What I did is this (someone gave me a hint). The big spacing above my upper horizontal main menu was due to some "gkToolbar", which is probably unnecessary from what I was told.
I edited template.css of my current template like so:

#gkToolbar {
 
   display: none;
}
body {
    margin: 0 !important;
 
    /* color: #6C6459;
    height: 25px;
    margin: 20px 0 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 10px 0 0; */
}

After this adjustment, I had 10px spacing above and below upper horizontal main menu. The lower space I found out myself how to change. It's by changing this code of the same file as above:

#gkMenuWrap {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}

But I still don't know how to change (lessen) the upper space (10px).

I've got J 2.5 and MyStore template. All the relevant files I can attach here if needed. But I'll do my best to keep the site going.
Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.