Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brackets: From Design Comp to Code

Featured Replies

The clapping is amusing. Sounds like a Steve Jobs keynote where everyone raves about everything. I think it's a great idea but wouldn't use it as I fly solo so no need. However, if I was solely designing to pass on to a developer, this would be pretty awesome :)

I shall have to give this a test :)

 

Doesn't look like this function is live yet :(

Edited by mteam

  • Author

The clapping is amusing. Sounds like a Steve Jobs keynote where everyone raves about everything. I think it's a great idea but wouldn't use it as I fly solo so no need. However, if I was solely designing to pass on to a developer, this would be pretty awesome :)

 

Haha, I completely see what you mean about the clapping. I kind of thought the same as well. Personally, as someone that flies solo at times, I can still see a need for this in my work flow. I think it could take a lot of pains out of certain aspects of adapting psd to html/css.

 

I shall have to give this a test :)

 

Doesn't look like this function is live yet :(

Have you tried looking at the github repo? It might be implemented there: https://github.com/adobe/brackets-app

  • Author

Adobe have to stop making this so easy, otherwise I won't have a job in a few years :)

Haha, to be honest, I don't think think well written, handcrafted code could be replaced in our lifetime.

Haha, to be honest, I don't think think well written, handcrafted code could be replaced in our lifetime.

 

Nah, Adobe products never quite function as well as they seem to in the demos.

 

If it's anything like their current automated tools, then it's easier to write everything by hand anyway.

I can see the benefits for some converting a psd to html/css but i personally don't see the point of making it that easy, I personally enjoy the coding aspect and find it interesting so its kind of like going to the cinema when someone has already told you the plot.

Amazing. Looks to good to be true. I wonder how you would deal with inherited properties. Looks like you will have to go in to every element and select font-family ect.

It looks good for simple sites that have a limited budget. Anything larger and I would prefer to use Sass or Less instead.

That's pretty awesome to be honest, if it works well in real world usage. As mention Jack, itdeffo needs preprocessor support though.

 

I'd take the sublime Plugin though if it's going.

I heard about this at an adobe conference last year. Totally forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder! It does look great! Installing it now!

Edited by Bazzy

If it's anything like their current automated tools, then it's easier to write everything by hand anyway.

Looks fantastic in the demo but having had experience with Adobe it might be more trouble than its worth.

 

There is a plugin that I use for things like buttons called CSS3Ps that is pretty good as a starting point. http://css3ps.com/ and I've heard good things about CSS3 Hat. They save a bit of time but you still have to tweak it a bit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.