Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feedback on our new homepage

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

Would love to get some feedback on the new homepage I have designed for Raptora, I'm hoping most of you use modern web browsers (anything other than IE8 and lower lol) so you can view the HTML5 canvas for the floating stars and CSS3 effects I have used :)

 

Other parts of the site are currently being updated so please disregard any links that aren't working at the mo!

 

Homepage - http://www.raptora.co.uk

 

Thanks,

 

Jamie :)

 

 

I like it - nice and clean :)

Your work looks good, too - I take it the site is not finished as there aren't links to the websites you have done? I would love to see them :)

Maybe you can make a individual page for each project, where you tell more about the site, what has been involved, etc.?

I really like the header image.

I like it - very nice! Not keen on some of the animations, but hey - that's my preference.

 

Very good overall - I like the fact that you put your prices up on the home page. If I were looking for a website, that would persuade me :)

  • Author

Hey teodora, many thanks!

 

I was only discussing yesterday that we should have individual pages for our work rather than just linking straight to the clients site, I think your second opinion has made my mind up :)

 

I will be sure to put up some recent client work as soon as our main site is updated!

 

Thanks again for the feedback :)

Edited by Raptora

  • Author

Thanks 4li4s :)

 

Yeah I have got carried away with CSS3, im like a kid with a new toy lol :)

Thanks 4li4s :)

 

Yeah I have got carried away with CSS3, im like a kid with a new toy lol :)

 

Go for it! We need more people taking 'risks' (I don't think it's a risk myself) taking us forward. CSS3 and rems all the way ;)

Awesome website, nice and clean design!

 

Maybe it's a good idea to get some dropdown on the input field "interested in?" So people can choose from the products, you probably already thought about it!

 

Since you are so in to CSS3 (What I like :D) you maybe can make the website responsive, anther awesome project to work on!

 

Cheers :B

  • Author

Thanks Row! :D

 

Dropdown would actually be a good idea, thanks for the heads up ;)

 

Responsive is something we want to convert to this year at some point, when we can finally get round to it! Thanks again for your comments buddy.

I love the homepage image, 'Stunning' certainly fits. The CSS3 animations give it an air of elegance.

 

I personally, really like the animations of the social links, they're pretty cool :) And the fact that the navigation is a sticky. That's good too.

 

Only thing I'd recommend is to make it responsive, to go along with your 'modern' theme.

 

Really good job though!

Lyndsey.

  • Author

Thanks Lyndsey, really appreciate your comments! :D

 

It seems responsive is the general way to progress with it, so I think this is going to need to be done!

 

Thanks again :)

Very Elegant, I don't know that I have anything new to say except I love the CSS3 animations and any site that uses them. (I'm also the type of person who spends all day poking at those little Google actionscript animations.)

 

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the marquee type text at the bottom. It brings back bad memories of the blink and marquee attributes of yesteryear.

Does anyone remember this?:

<marquee>I am an annoying marquee. I work in Netscape</marquee>

Or maybe I'm just old.

 

Seriously though, very nice design. And yes, responsive certainly wouldn't hurt.

  • Author

Thanks guys! Yeah it does resemble a marquee slightly lol, we got the inspiration from the BBC news ticker which is a little more stylish than the scrolling text of the 90's :)

 

Thanks again for your feedback :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.