July 11, 201115 yr Hello my fellow wdf men n wenches bassicaly im presenting to my manager later to get him to buy photoshop for me to use ive allready made a speech about why it will be usefull and beneficaly to the company however I need to find the cheapest price/version of it for a comapny to use and make profit of any1 got any idea ????????
July 11, 201115 yr Could try looking on amazon at maybe CS4 or something? I'm still classed as student so i can get CS5 photoshop for a lot lot less than the RRP so if you know a student thats one way! Lewi
July 11, 201115 yr Hello my fellow wdf men n wenches bassicaly im presenting to my manager later to get him to buy photoshop for me to use ive allready made a speech about why it will be usefull and beneficaly to the company however I need to find the cheapest price/version of it for a comapny to use and make profit of any1 got any idea ???????? I don't think a "cheapest" exists for Photoshop. However, why don't you look at the subscription option? It's actually more expensive in the long run but it may "look" cheaper to your boss.
July 11, 201115 yr Author Could try looking on amazon at maybe CS4 or something? I'm still classed as student so i can get CS5 photoshop for a lot lot less than the RRP so if you know a student thats one way!Lewi Thats not one way though is it because a student version won't be allowed to be used for commerical/profits/company use in a company! lol yeah i suppose cs4 will be cheeper then cs5 hmm is there any real difference? I don't think a "cheapest" exists for Photoshop. However, why don't you look at the subscription option? It's actually more expensive in the long run but it may "look" cheaper to your boss. i totally agree to the cheapeast remark. photoshop is a rip off... hmm im going to bring up the subscription offer cheers for that! Edited July 11, 201115 yr by kingy da killa
July 11, 201115 yr Thats not one way though is it because a student version won't be allowed to be used for profits in a company! lol yeah i suppose cs4 will be cheeper then cs5 hmm is there any real difference? i totally agree photoshop is a rip off... hmm im going to bring up the subscription offer cheers for that! I woulden't go that far, if its going to beneficial to your company then a few hundred pounds is a small price to pay.
July 11, 201115 yr Author I woulden't go that far, if its going to beneficial to your company then a few hundred pounds is a small price to pay. Ok its not a ruip off but it may seem it to my manager as I allready have fireworks at my job placement and photoshop is like at least 400 quid!
July 11, 201115 yr Thats not one way though is it because a student version won't be allowed to be used for commerical/profits/company use in a company! lol yeah i suppose cs4 will be cheeper then cs5 hmm is there any real difference? I suppose you're right about the student edition but that's what i use simply becuase it's all i can afford to get haha! and i think a few tools are diffrent in CS5 but never noticed to much i went from CS3 to CS5. Lewi
July 11, 201115 yr Ok its not a ruip off but it may seem it to my manager as I allready have fireworks at my job placement and photoshop is like at least 400 quid! Then go with the subscription idea. Alternativly you pick up an older copy of CS3 or CS4. Some companies shove them on Ebay when they upgrade so it might be worth having a look and getting some prices together.
July 11, 201115 yr Adobe Student Editions are fine for commercial use now Taken from their website... Can I use my Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software for commercial use? Yes. You may purchase a Student and Teacher Edition for personal as well as commercial use.
July 11, 201115 yr CS5 on Amazon £499 http://amzn.to/r4rrph as others have said do you need the latest version? Are they able to claim the VAT back (on a new copy of course) CS3 about £150, CS4 as low as £299 http://amzn.to/rna3Or I doubt you will notice much difference between the releases for what you want to do.
July 11, 201115 yr Author Adobe Student Editions are fine for commercial use now Taken from their website... Can I use my Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software for commercial use? Yes. You may purchase a Student and Teacher Edition for personal as well as commercial use. yeah if ur student, not if ur a small business i bet. i could be wrong though!
July 11, 201115 yr Fair enough! probalys not worth the risk i'm still doing college courses though so i need it for that and use it for any design work i have to do! Lewi
July 11, 201115 yr Author Fair enough! probalys not worth the risk i'm still doing college courses though so i need it for that and use it for any design work i have to do! Lewi i woulden mind risking it, but sure the company will lol goodluck on ur course
July 11, 201115 yr I still use CS3 no problems If you already got fireworks there why not call up adobe and get them to do a deal on having the web pack or something? Or buy an older copy and upgrade? They also have that Pay Monthly scheme now (good for tax ) not sure if its US only thought... Edited July 11, 201115 yr by pandadoodle
July 11, 201115 yr I still use CS2, does the job and you can pick that up for like £150-200? If you want to pitch it to the company why not get the 30 day trial version and at the end of trial you can show them what you've done with photoshop that you cant do with whatever you're using now.
July 11, 201115 yr If you work for a web design company I'm pretty surprised they have not got Photoshop *stunned*
July 11, 201115 yr Author If you work for a web design company I'm pretty surprised they have not got Photoshop *stunned* hosting company
July 11, 201115 yr If you work for a web design company I'm pretty surprised they have not got Photoshop *stunned* Not everyone uses Adobe products
July 11, 201115 yr A few hundred quid for a tool that you'll use an awful lot is no biggy. Otherwise pick up a copy of CS4 (or even CS3) as it has everything you'll need.
July 11, 201115 yr Author But you do design website for said company too don't you? yessir im the only person there who does it
July 11, 201115 yr Author btw every1 i got my presentation in a bit and im gunna suggest the cs3 version found loads of copys for 150 cant go wrong!
July 11, 201115 yr Not everyone uses Adobe products Well what do you use for your advance photo/graphic editing? To me if you want the best then Photoshop is the only option.
July 11, 201115 yr Well what do you use for your advance photo/graphic editing? To me if you want the best then Photoshop is the only option. Many would disagree. It's down to what you feel more comfortable using. Personally though, Adobe and Photoshop all the way!
July 11, 201115 yr Author Many would disagree. It's down to what you feel more comfortable using. Personally though, Adobe and Photoshop all the way! hmm i think i agree with alecsh name 2 other programs nere enuff good as photoshop that professionals use? lol if u can kudos to u !
July 11, 201115 yr Well what do you use for your advance photo/graphic editing? To me if you want the best then Photoshop is the only option. I use image editors that were around long before Photoshop knew what a .jpg was
July 11, 201115 yr hmm i think i agree with alecsh name 2 other programs nere enuff good as photoshop that professionals use? lol if u can kudos to u ! Gimp and Paint.net...
July 11, 201115 yr Author Gimp and Paint.net... hmm i bet professionals dont use them thou maybe like 5/100 ??????? Edited July 11, 201115 yr by kingy da killa
July 11, 201115 yr photoshop like anything is just a TOOL you should not limit your creativity based on what tools you do or do not use
July 11, 201115 yr Author photoshop like anything is just a TOOL you should not limit your creativity based on what tools you do or do not use whos limiting there creativity based on a tool? or is that some random food for thought.. Edited July 11, 201115 yr by kingy da killa
July 11, 201115 yr random thought but also people saying photoshop is the uber super duper best going ever
July 11, 201115 yr random thought but also people saying photoshop is the uber super duper best going ever But it is (in my opinion, and according to this poll...) Photoshop 55.55% (1,472 votes) GIMP 21.36% (566 votes) Pixelmator 8.34% (221 votes) Fireworks 6% (159 votes) Inkscape 3.58% (95 votes) Other: 5.17% (137 votes)
July 11, 201115 yr you could always open an account with computer2000 and get adobe at trade price 10 maybe 15-22% off if your lucky
July 11, 201115 yr But it is (in my opinion, and according to this poll...) Photoshop 55.55% (1,472 votes) GIMP 21.36% (566 votes) Pixelmator 8.34% (221 votes) Fireworks 6% (159 votes) Inkscape 3.58% (95 votes) Other: 5.17% (137 votes) So if you got hired tomorrow and in the office they only had say gimp or fireworks your telling me you could not do your job because, photoshop is the "best" tool for it? Are those figures based on what people use or what is claimed to be the "best" program, I'm a photoshop fan and I wount deny it but I hate it when people claim something to be the answer to everything its just a tool we use. Edited July 11, 201115 yr by pandadoodle
July 11, 201115 yr But it is (in my opinion, and according to this poll...) Photoshop 55.55% (1,472 votes) GIMP 21.36% (566 votes) Pixelmator 8.34% (221 votes) Fireworks 6% (159 votes) Inkscape 3.58% (95 votes) Other: 5.17% (137 votes) Hmmm good figures and a good find. I expected to see Fireworks in third place though!
July 11, 201115 yr So if you got hired tomorrow and in the office they only had say gimp or fireworks your telling me you could not do your job because, photoshop is the "best" tool for it? I could do the job. Just not as good as what I would be able to in Photoshop. I've tried paint.net and gimp before I got Photoshop. Never gone back to them. Again this is all my opinion.
July 11, 201115 yr I could do the job. Just not as good as what I would be able to in Photoshop. I've tried paint.net and gimp before I got Photoshop. Never gone back to them. Again this is all my opinion. So your skill in design is based solely on the program your using? I guess that is what I'm getting at...
July 11, 201115 yr Author you could always open an account with computer2000 and get adobe at trade price 10 maybe 15-22% off if your lucky cheers im gunna give them a buzz see what there sayin on prices! So your skill in design is based solely on the program your using? I guess that is what I'm getting at... you gota have the right tools for the job and also if you dont look after your tools they wont look after you (this one aint really to do with what u said but still) p.s dads a builder lol Edited July 11, 201115 yr by kingy da killa
July 11, 201115 yr So your skill in design is based solely on the program your using? I guess that is what I'm getting at... I understand what your getting at with no contest. However, I still think that Photoshop is the 'uber super duper best' based on the tools and features it offers. Sure gimp can offer most of these features, but that's after you have searched and downloaded plugins galore. Time to admit it, I'm a Photoshop fan-boy.
Create an account or sign in to comment