Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New: WDF Member Marketplace Open

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I would like to announce that the new "WDF Marketplace" is now open.

 

marketplace_example.png

 

WDF is full of many talented members including Web Designers, Developers & Illustrators (Plus more!) and as a result I thought it would be great to open a WDF marketplace to allow members to make money from their creations, from Website Templates, Illustrations to full blown CMS Templates.

 

People can then purchase & download these files and use them in their projects. (Very popular for people who don't have the skills neccesary to create themselves or are tight on time and need a pre-made solution fast)

 

More information will be made available over the coming days :)

 

Current sections:

Website Templates

Email Templates

WordPress Templates

Scripts & Plugins

Graphics

 

This seemed a good amount of categories to start with and can of course adjust this further down the line. :)

 

Currently i've added a fully-coded Email Template to kick things off, and would love to build a vast library of exclusive/high-quality resources from WDF members.

 

I'm currently in the process of writing guidelines which I hope to put live this week, which will include license information, file types, hints and tips to help anyone wishing to create a file and make money from WDF.

 

All submissions will be part of an approval process to ensure a high-standard is maintained, the guidelines should define what makes a suitable file type to submit.

 

All creations submitted will be Exclusive to this forum (Sorry we don't allow non-exclsuive content). Commission rates are still in discussion, but as a heads up other premium sites make you earn $75,000 before reaching the high 70% bracket, the current thinking is offering a figure like that as standard! :) - With extra bonus options/events through the year. :)

 

This is again part of many things planned for the forum this year (Said it was going to be a big year for WDF!)

 

More info to follow soon :)

 

As usual any comments/thoughts/feedback can be left below.

 

Many thanks,

Sounds great a will certainly contribute, but how will it compete with sites such as themeforest? Good idea anyway, look forward to seeing how things turn out?

  • Author

Sounds great a will certainly contribute, but how will it compete with sites such as themeforest? Good idea anyway, look forward to seeing how things turn out?

 

Hi Neilp,

 

Thanks Neil, that would be great.

 

Excellent question, firstly am looking at starting with a high commission rate (With TF you have to earn over $75,000 to reach). Plenty of promotional/marketing ideas to draw more attention, not to mention the amount of traffic WDF get's there's going to be plenty of Template/File related searches.

 

It's going to have my full support to make sure files get lot's of exposure. :)

 

Hey, we're not going to be as big as TF from the get-go, but everything has to start somewhere... and with the amount of traffic WDF get's + planned ideas it's certainly going to be off to a running start! :)

Sounds interesting. Will this be open to all members or will they have to pass some kind of test first, say, 10 posts, reputation of at least 2?

  • Author

Sounds interesting. Will this be open to all members or will they have to pass some kind of test first, say, 10 posts, reputation of at least 2?

 

Hey,

 

It's open to all members, no test or anything like that, the file will have to be exclsuive to WDF and the files go through an approval process individually, that's it! :)

Hey Ben I tried uploading a template that I designed but ran into a little problem. The file is an 8.21 MB Zip archive that contains several Fireworks PNG's. I scrolled to the file and selected it; then hit Attach File. After several minutes, I got an error saying "Error No file was selected for upload." I tried several times and still got the same error. Is there something wrong with the system or is it just me. I tried several browsers as well (FF4B12, Chrome, Safari). Or is there anyway to link the file to my own server?

  • Author

Hi IamShipon1988,

 

There should be no reason why you can't add files, especially as you got all the way through to the submission page... I've increased the Max_Upload_Limit of files, so if you could try again and let me know how you get on.

 

I managed to upload files fine in FF, so the upload paths etc are all setup correctly.

 

Many thanks,

Brilliant idea Ben, you weren't kidding when you said it was going to be a big year for WDF.

 

As soon as i've hit a slow period i'll knock some stuff up and get it on here ;)

Well well well Ben, a lot is happening man! Gratz on it all! Love the new marketplace :) i am thinking of coding up a template :) Are there terms, like, WDF gets x% of template price?

Hey Ben I'm still encountering the error in Firefox 3.6 and 4B12. I thought it was the zip archive, so I re-created a new one and still got the same error. I tried uploading on my own forum powered by IPB and it worked.

 

Update

 

Tested with google chrome and still same error.

 

Here's a upload and error screenshot for your convenience. Btw it's not really important, just wanted to test out the system.

wdf_mkpluperror.png

Edited by IamShipon1988

How well does it handle revisions? Like if I were to write a few scripts for the marketplace how easily could I update them with new versions?

  • Author

How well does it handle revisions? Like if I were to write a few scripts for the marketplace how easily could I update them with new versions?

 

Hi Jock,

 

Fantastic, It has a very good revsion history system built in, so you can use a changelog/give full or point version releases :)

Cool I'll write something for the market place and try it out. Maybe I'll make an AJAX contact form or something? Any suggestions?

3 seconds into reading the first post, I thought, "cool, cool idea that should have been brewed ages ago." So then I went to the marketplace, all giddy and ready for a first time visit to the candy shop, only something's amiss-- WHERE ARE THE GOODIES?! I hope this gets going soon, I'm all eyes for the good stuff.

Edited by ZetaPrints

Hi Ben

 

Having problems uploading a PSD file. Tried zipping it up to but i keep getting the same error "No file has been selected for upload"

 

I uploaded a screenshot okay, but not the PSD? Any ideas. I used FF, IE and chrome?

 

thanks

 

- Neil

  • Author

Hi Neil,

 

Appologies about this, it must be to do with permissions for "Members" - i'lll have a look at this now.

 

*Update*

A member kindly added a file in .zip - worked fine and also various image files, all files where submitted fine and qued for approval. :)

 

This was in Chrome 9

 

PM me if you're still having issues.

Cool idea.

 

I'll probably write a jQuery plugin and upload it.

i'll see if i got a little something something hangin about the place ;)

  • 5 months later...

Hi,

 

I would like to announce that the new "WDF Marketplace" is now open.

 

post-1-0-74988800-1298841158_thumb.png

 

WDF is full of many talented members including Web Designers, Developers & Illustrators (Plus more!) and as a result I thought it would be great to open a WDF marketplace to allow members to make money from their creations, from Website Templates, Illustrations to full blown CMS Templates.

 

People can then purchase & download these files and use them in their projects. (Very popular for people who don't have the skills neccesary to create themselves or are tight on time and need a pre-made solution fast)

 

More information will be made available over the coming days :)

 

Current sections:

Website Templates

Email Templates

WordPress Templates

Scripts & Plugins

Graphics

 

This seemed a good amount of categories to start with and can of course adjust this further down the line. :)

 

Currently i've added a fully-coded Email Template to kick things off, and would love to build a vast library of exclusive/high-quality resources from WDF members.

 

I'm currently in the process of writing guidelines which I hope to put live this week, which will include license information, file types, hints and tips to help anyone wishing to create a file and make money from WDF.

 

All submissions will be part of an approval process to ensure a high-standard is maintained, the guidelines should define what makes a suitable file type to submit.

 

All creations submitted will be Exclusive to this forum (Sorry we don't allow non-exclsuive content). Commission rates are still in discussion, but as a heads up other premium sites make you earn $75,000 before reaching the high 70% bracket, the current thinking is offering a figure like that as standard! :) - With extra bonus options/events through the year. :)

 

This is again part of many things planned for the forum this year (Said it was going to be a big year for WDF!)

 

More info to follow soon :)

 

As usual any comments/thoughts/feedback can be left below.

 

Many thanks,

Maybe I'm not a web template creator but I'm a buyer one... :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.