Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ajax

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ajax

  1. That's according to the Speakeasy test. 8mb speed..that connection must be so fast you don't notice images loading anymore. they just appear instantly. lol
  2. Yeah, the image is a bit small... Anyway, from what I can see of your design (which is very little lol), the colours look pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. *hint hint*
  3. Eskymo, you do have a great style. I'm more of a coder than I am a designer. When I do design sites, I try to go for visually appealing sites that aren't wrought with too many graphics; I like simplicity, but with elegance, best. I also try to make sure the site is easy to follow with the eyes of the visitor.
  4. I redesigned my personal sites a month or so ago. The current layout for my portfolio can be seen here, and the current layout for my personal blogsite is here.
  5. Oh lord; I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I'm not French. That's just how I introduce myself in the cyberworld. Anyway, I can't really claim to be a professional in the web designing trade at all; I learned everything by reading tutorials and my own little projects with XHTML/CSS and the like. Web designing/coding is something I do more as a hobby. This "hobby" of mine has lasted 4 years now. I'm a fan of AJAX, can you tell? haha My name, interestingly enough, is also Ally, although I'm not quite the same Ally that posted a thread three topics before this one. lol I was wondering why the forum wouldn't let me use "Ally" as my display name. My expertise is mainly on WordPress themes and how to port them, or so I like to think. What can I say? It's an excellent publishing tool. Also, like every wannabee designer/coder out there, I have my own portfolio. I'm too embarassed to show a link at the moment as it still needs work (and an actual domain, but we'll get to that later on). I'll stop blabbering on now...
  6. To go about planning a layout, I just make a simple pen and paper-type sketch as a first step and analyse how the content should flow as I sketch. Then I become more detailed as to how things should align and use graph paper (which is REALLY helpful) and a ruler. Then, I use Photoshop to create a simple layout with coloured boxes that contrast a bit. It's only as a set of final steps do I actually go and create all the nice little effects (gradients, etc.) that go into website design. I value the way things are aligned and placed over aesthetics sometimes...or perhaps both to a certain degree.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.