August 13, 200719 yr Hi, The new Slimmer iMac is now available to buy. We got one into the office today, the screen is REALLY sharp and clear, I absolutely love it, my reservation is the fact that the Apple Logo is now Black....and with that sitting on a silver display - it doesn't feel as slick as the previous version with White on White or Silver/Silver combination. Maybe it will grow on me, but the overuse of black almost makes it look ordinary... It comes with the new style keyboard, which is wafer thin and the keys now resemble those of a MacBook and are soft to touch. It feels very fragile and I was quite scared of breaking it. It's certainly a space saver though. You can find more info and pics at the official website: http://www.apple.com/imac/design.html
August 13, 200719 yr wow... a mac... I agree that mac are overusing black as a design element - white has been the apple thing for too long now. lol, check this video out:
August 13, 200719 yr lol, check this video out: lol! That is very funny php_penguin, I was wondering how long it would take before they made a spoof. I like the way Mac's are going as it's breaking out of the shell and evolving it sort of looks like the iPhone design (if that doesn't sound too daft). I think it's for the best, wish I could afford one though. Would look lovely in my lounge.
August 13, 200719 yr They look very snazzy. I'd love one. Wonder when they will update the macbook design.
August 13, 200719 yr Well I sort of like it but I'm a bigger fan of the laptops.... I think the titanium powerbook will always be beautiful. Mine is now very old and a little slow but I still look at it and think it's very cool.
August 13, 200719 yr I think the titanium powerbook will always be beautiful. I know what your saying there Liquid, the Titanium PowerBooks are absolutely stunning, depending on how they design them (when they do) I hope they don't add a black logo to it, there's something that looks so polished and classy about the current design, I wouldn't want it changed, perhaps made thinner and some performance upgrades. But that's about it. I wonder when they will be out...
August 13, 200719 yr Well to be honest I'm not that bothered.... but my wife would love to upgrade to a newer model....
August 13, 200719 yr Well to be honest I'm not that bothered.... but my wife would love to upgrade to a newer model.... ha! Is that based on looks alone (personally looks alone would do it for me..I know...I know..), or does she work on a Mac?
August 13, 200719 yr No she doesn't use a mac....she's one of those funny windows people Take my word for it...I just know. We watch WWE with my son...she starts drooling when Batista or Edge appear....
August 14, 200719 yr I love the new iMac. I got a Macbook around two weeks ago so I'm enjoying that but I need something to design and code on that has a bigger screen and a better graphics card. Let's see how long it'll take me to save up! The one thing that I was really impressed with, was the keybaord. It's incredible. I went to the Apple store the other day in Boston and got to use one. It's definitely worth getting it!
August 18, 200719 yr I went to meadowhall the other day and popped in to the apple store. They look great. They look alot shinier on the pictures but still look beautiful.
August 19, 200719 yr i must admint - i am very tempted to move to the MAC world having used them etc Not only is it their designs which intrigue me, but the usability just appeals to me more than windows/pc!
August 20, 200719 yr The new iMacs look beautiful, I'd love to get my hands on one. But it would be a bit of a waste of money, my MacBook Pro does it's job as a desktop perfectly fine . - Adam
August 27, 200719 yr ohh isn't that sexy, yesterday (sunday 26 aug) I went to BlueWater a.k.a the biggest shopping mall in england, and I went to the apple shop, and I melted, I was fisicly speachless.... they where soooooooooooooooooooooooooo wide, and slim and I want one soooo bad!
August 27, 200719 yr IMacs have always had such a sexy design, I love their sleek look...whenever you think they can't look any better the come out with a new design that makes the older ones look bad offtopic: BlueWater is the largest in England? I always thought that would be MetroCentre as they claim to be the largest in Europe. Although there is a larger one in Turkey, but hey second largest in Europe is nothing to be ashamed of
August 27, 200719 yr IMacs have always had such a sexy design, I love their sleek look...whenever you think they can't look any better the come out with a new design that makes the older ones look bad offtopic: BlueWater is the largest in England? I always thought that would be MetroCentre as they claim to be the largest in Europe. Although there is a larger one in Turkey, but hey second largest in Europe is nothing to be ashamed of Yeah, well it took an hour and a half to just go round the building once!! and they had everything, shop just for lego, apple store, kiet shop, tec shop (soooo many gagets), guitar shop, SHUSHI BAR (went there and it was so cool, the plates where moving round (ever seen Johny English, well it's better then the shushi bar there) and more cool stuff) and more stuff!!!
August 27, 200719 yr The new iMacs are very nicely designed. I saw one at the store over the weekend, and it was all my wife could do to keep me from taking it home right then and there.
November 6, 200718 yr if only i had the money... Do a website for someone mate, that should finance it easily enough
November 8, 200718 yr Got my 2.4GHz 20in iMac last week. So far, Id say its pretty much the bees knees Not set it up full for work purposes yet, but its been used a fair bit for recreational purposes so far. I need a desk and a chair before I can properly use it for work, so thats something I need to get sorted soon. Off-topic I know, but anyone anyone got any suggestions where I can get decent, good quality desks, etc. I dont want the typical flat-pack rubbish, unless its of a high quality.
November 10, 200718 yr Is it wrong for a man to love a machine this much? No... nothing wrong at all..
November 10, 200718 yr ya, usually I only get 100ish usd per site so its gonna take me more than one... but im looking at the iPod Touch, 2 more sites to go lol
November 11, 200718 yr yeah you will, when you realise you spend 35ish quid a month anyway on your phone bill and for an extra 60 quid up front you could have had an iphone
November 11, 200718 yr true... but i did not want an Iphone... i personally don't wanna use something so nice (and expensive) as a phone.. something like the Iphone will only end up robbed or scratched to hell...
November 13, 200718 yr Has anyone with one of the new imacs had trouble upgrading to leopard? I've heard a lot of stories in the last week of the graphics processor completely crapping out with leopard and rendering the machine completely uselss, and apple appear to be refusing to acknowledge the issue
November 13, 200718 yr Has anyone with one of the new imacs had trouble upgrading to leopard? I've heard a lot of stories in the last week of the graphics processor completely crapping out with leopard and rendering the machine completely uselss, and apple appear to be refusing to acknowledge the issue No such problems for me... I did have the odd freeze or two in my first few days using it. These have been acknowledged by Apple, and widely reported, in fact a fix was issued which I have applied, and it hasn't as far s I can remember happened since.
November 13, 200718 yr Do you mind me asking what size/spec/age your imac is? Not at all. Its 2 weeks old. Its the 20in aluminium iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo. Its the stock version, not built to order. Its the 2nd model in the range, the one with the 256MB Radeon HD 2600 graphics card. I've added 1GB RAM to it, it now has 2GB.
November 13, 200718 yr Interesting, I plan on getting the stock 24" (320gb one) and upgrading to 2 gigs of ram aswell, but reading about a lot of people having these glitches really put me off. Do you notice any colour fade from top to bottom in the screen btw?
November 13, 200718 yr Interesting, I plan on getting the stock 24" (320gb one) and upgrading to 2 gigs of ram aswell, but reading about a lot of people having these glitches really put me off. Do you notice any colour fade from top to bottom in the screen btw? I had heard about the issues with the screen... some people being unhappy with them and saying they were totally unsuitable for photo and graphics work. Well, my screen seems absolutely fine, and I have no problems whatsoever with it, it looks great and I'll be doing plenty of graphics and photographic work on it regardless!
November 13, 200718 yr i really would like one.. but i do hear bad things from a friend and also i have a very good pc at the moment.. so don't see the need of spending 800 pound +
Create an account or sign in to comment