Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WorldPeace

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WorldPeace

  1. Yes, you will need to declare your earning to the Inland Revenue. If you are working in a full time position or you don't have a day job that you pay tax through PAYE, you must contact the Inland Revenue you are self employed. If you have a day job but adsense is extra income you must fill in a tax return. Contact details and information can be found on their website. You must then declare your extra earnings on the annual self assessment tax return. Inland Revenue Link: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/tmaself-assessment.shtml When ever I have a query I give them a call, they really are quite friendly despite all the rumours they are not (I think that stems from 15 years ago) Any questions let me know
  2. Try adding the properties: list-style-position: inside; padding: 0; margin: 0; You may want to just try padding-left: 0 aswell.
  3. I just got the new style forum newsletter, I really liked it and it's much better than the old text versions, thanks for that. It looked like alot of care went into the design and wasn't cobbled together quickly. Will there be many more?
  4. Welcome to the forums Wii I did a search for you php_penguin and the first result was this forum.
  5. That's really great news your whole family must be really proud :clapping: Well done to everyone else with their results to.
  6. Good statement Dave, it's best to get your code validating to make it future proof plus it's a good routine to apply yourself to. It's not entriely future proof I must admit, as due to the different ways browsers render pages you have to sometime apply small hacks and change them when a newer version is relased but saying that it can all still be W3C standard compliant.
  7. WOW, nice tutorial BenG. I love the whole glossy look to it it's really realistic. Excellent work.
  8. Yes I am the same, I work with Pen and Paper, sketch out some rouch ideas, navigation position & header design mainly. Then once i'v played about with some colour schemes I do a mock-up in Fireworks to show the client. I find Fireworks quicker for creating layouts and Photoshop for quality results, I find the .gif exporting aswell much better.
  9. I agree with you on that one, it really niggles me waiting for a rollover states to load. Especially in this modern time. CSS is fantastic when used well I think this is a prime example. It's quite similar but not the same to Ben's CSS rollover tutorial: http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=270 Thank you Sebastian
  10. hi, I'v just been searching around a few places tonight looking for ways to help promote my website I came across a Directory submission service which was around $10 for 300 directories, are they any good and will they actually help me? 300 seems alot for for my money, which is why i'm tempted, but i'm not sure what questions to ask them as to wether it's a good deal or not. Has anyone else had experience with these type of services? Are there free prgrams that do the job for me?
  11. Yeah, I can see what you mean Ben, that takes me back a few years. *goes off to search for a where's wally site* - Not sure if it will have the same effect online.
  12. Welcome to the community Mike If you need anything just ask I will probably have some questions about Wordpress soon, as i'm starting to get into that aswell.
  13. It's a tricky one, as some of those emails have a "Unsubscribe Link" at the bottom of the email, trouble is this is also a fake link and can actually sign you up to more spam. In the past I literally deleted that email account and created a new one, but before hand I alerted people I have contact with of the new address and then started a fresh. Spam still manages to get through but only around 4 or 5 a day now. You could create a White List, I have this at my server end where you can create a white list of accecptable domain extensions, but can be awkward when signing up for services that require you to validate your email, as you will never get it. Does your host have spam filtering? You can actually report spam at: http://www.spamcop.net/ as this service actually works quite well. Hope that helps.
  14. ha! Is that based on looks alone (personally looks alone would do it for me..I know...I know..), or does she work on a Mac?
  15. I would say, try and take a picture...but the chances are so slim...with the speed they travel...cloud cover....poor zoom, it's going to be unlikely. Maybe we should have a photo competition?
  16. Interesting... If you are using Ajax & jQuery I would like to see how to create Drag and Drop elements perhaps a Shopping Cart that you can drag your goods into and it automatically updates? What a bout a rating system so you have 5 stars that hover when you roll over them when you click on the rating it updates it with out a page refresh? Another thing I like which I have seen on places my custom google.com homepage and within this forums Blogs area is draggable content blocks so you can design the layout of a page by dragging certain parts. Any of them any good?
  17. LOL That's not a bad idea you know penguin (can I call you that?) It's freezing outside, let's hope the zoom is good enough on my £8.99 Tesco Cam!
  18. I came across this picture, I thought it was great. It's a little town of the web's most popular websites but designed using pixel art. It must have taken ages to create.
  19. lol! That is very funny php_penguin, I was wondering how long it would take before they made a spoof. I like the way Mac's are going as it's breaking out of the shell and evolving it sort of looks like the iPhone design (if that doesn't sound too daft). I think it's for the best, wish I could afford one though. Would look lovely in my lounge.
  20. Splendid news liquid, so are they still about then I take it?
  21. Good question, I do value it, it servers as a benchmark to people linking to your website and thus' proving your worth. But I would rather spend more time getting a good website designed rather than spending time trying to get backlinks, it is totally up to what your aim for the website is. If you are selling links for example (which isn't as good as you think see this post) then having a high PR is desirable. So personally, I take it or leave it, I would rather get good search results for my chosen keywords.
  22. Welcome to the forum Ste I hope that's not rude Olivier!
  23. I have just used a web directory submission service that submits my website to around 200 online directories. I have a slight concern as I have read that having too many directory links may get yor SERP (Search Engine Position) penalised by Google. Is this true?
  24. I have a question that's been niggling me for quite some time now. It's to do with template designers using some lovely photography in their websites. Where do the source their pictures form? Because places like Istock & Getty are a 1 time license and the fee's to buy a multi license for a photo are extremely high, so it makes me wonder how $50 templates source such nice photography and legally have it replicated. Can anyone advise please?
  25. I always wondered how people pronounce these 2 words. I talk to developers all the time and alot of them say it differently... Is it: Favicon: Fah-Vi-Kon or Fav-Icon? MySQL: My-Sequel (sounds like a follow up to your film) or My-S-Que-El. Also do you have any other similar pronunciation problems with other Web type words?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.