Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

skidz

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by skidz

  1. I've spent the whole morning trying to find out how gumtree have integrated paypal to no real success. What I'm trying to create is a page similar to: http://cl.ly/image/11350T0j192u for my own project. Can anyone help? I just need pointing in the right direction as I'm unsure which api method would be best suited for this type of integration. Please help =\
  2. You should be aware that a lot of people / companies / website owners that don't appreciate having data scraped. My old boss used to make a point of tracing "scrapers" and generally hassling them.
  3. Personally I suck at self inspiration so I go around collecting ideas from other websites, work out in my head a structure, interpreting a base design from the different websites I've visited and take it from there. It's a fine line between ripping people off and drawing inspiration from peers, not quite sure which side of the line i am.
  4. You can get me on sam_doyle
  5. I picked up a canon eos 350d a few months back. Beautiful camera to get started on. I bought it off a professional photographer as he was upgrading his spare (the 350d) and he really didn;t want to let go of it. Picked mine up for £350 with lots of extras! Pay attention to the lenses. That's where it's at!
  6. Don't worry about the calculator. I'm hosting about 6 gig and transfer about 50gig a month and I've never had a bill over $2 a month.
  7. skidz posted a topic in General Chat
    Just got this message: . I'd not posted anything else but this, this morning
  8. +1 for aws. Amazing system! Just wrote a file / user manager system using s3 and I'm very happy with it
  9. What year was the youtube design?
  10. This sounds like my worse nightmare. As Jay said, error_reporting(E_NONE); should "HIDE" the problem. IMO if your friends getting 5000 page views a day, he should FIX the problem!
  11. I think you need to be looking into "Load Balancing" Edit: Either that or, hide your router from public view, change the password and tell her you can't afford broadband anymore!
  12. if it's being included it won't effect the request_uri. you could do something real simple like: <?php if(preg_match("/(contactengine\.php)/",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) exit('Direct Access to this script is not allowed'); ?> Also, why do you want to clean up the URL of a file that is only "included". You want to stop direct access so the url is irrelevant?
  13. skidz replied to Crazydave's topic in Server Side
    It'll be mamp if your one of the cool kids running osx
  14. skidz replied to alzer81's topic in General Chat
    Ben doesn't reply to pm's or forum threads, doubt he'll even read this!
  15. skidz replied to alzer81's topic in General Chat
    One of them will, you can bet your bottom dollar on that!
  16. skidz replied to alzer81's topic in General Chat
    Look half a dozen posts up, it clearly says a member of this forum. If your going to talk **** about someone at least give them the chance to fight there own corner?
  17. Were you not looking for a php solution? http://www.ultramegatech.com/blog/2009/04/working-with-time-zones-in-php/
  18. skidz replied to alzer81's topic in General Chat
    Why moan about someone if your not going to name them nor put it to them.
  19. skidz replied to alzer81's topic in General Chat
    Definately, it's been on a downhill slope for about a year now. There used to be loads of regulars, they've all left now In the interest of openness, I know a lot of people have left because of the attitude of some of the staff here. (No names mentioned). Also, you should be aware, when you say anything bad about this site, theres a handful of fan boys that are bound to turn this into a flame thread
  20. One of my four screens! Different Animal for each screen
  21. I hope you fail epically you prick. Goodbye
  22. Typical yank with his head up his arse! **** off you ****
  23. Don't even think about coming here and start saying things about my country! You'll regret it! It only takes a few message to have anything you have DDOA'd! You Your quite right.... Simplicity is key! However, simplicity and ugliness are not a like! What you have is UGLY. Not simple. Why don't you do one, then come back when you've got something worth showing us? (We'd probably never see you again)
  24. It's worse than the suggestion you received to change your apartment site Mike!
  25. Whatever that is, it's god damn ugly. If you want to carry on spouting **** on here, at least show us something (after what? 4 months?) that wasn't thrown together in paint in 10 minutes

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.