Everything posted by skidz
-
Should Graphic Designers code?
Copy and paste, news aggregation, feeds, language translation
-
This website worth £250 including domain/hosting?
Nevermind, not worth the energy
-
This website worth £250 including domain/hosting?
But it is the company you copied lol?
-
This website worth £250 including domain/hosting?
I think you've come up with a great idea there ben! We should call it... bingoogle!
-
IE8 ignoring input styling?
Try removing your comptability meta tag!
-
This website worth £250 including domain/hosting?
020 8**9 2167
-
This website worth £250 including domain/hosting?
I'd do it for you for £100! Hardly any work in there at all
-
Should Graphic Designers code?
Who on earth uses Dreamweaver for print design? I'm talking about the likes of photoshop & illustrator!
-
Should Graphic Designers code?
I hate to burst your bubble but most design packages come with a CMYK swatch now a days! I'm a web developer and know how to design for print! CMYK, 300 Dpi, no 100% blacks, Don't forget the bleed etc!
-
Should Graphic Designers code?
Do I need to sum up even further :S When I talk about graphic designers, In my head I mean PRINT DESIGNERS When I talk about web designers, In my head I mean WEB DESIGNERS Should a WEB DESIGNER know the fundamentals of taking a PSD and converting it mark up. Yes of course, how the hell are they supposed to know there restrictions if they don't know how to move forward Should a graphic designer know how to code. No lol! Why would they care!
-
Should Graphic Designers code?
OK to sum up: Should web designers code: NO Should web designers know how to code: YES
-
Should Graphic Designers code?
I think you've just nailed it. Well & truly. I would never use a web designer that doesn't at least know html and css. Even though I'd never ask the designer to write up the html and css. If they don't understand how writing up structure via mark up works, there probably not going to produce something I'm going to like!
-
I want a +1 on my rep
I think you used to be able to spam the -1. I'm sure I used to spam the -1's to peeople I didn't like back in the day! Or 32,*** if signed. I'd of thought it'd be a normal (int) though. NVM Just realised signed doesn't go negative, and as above there are negatives out there!
-
I want a +1 on my rep
This is where all the funs at. Some of you people are about to catch me up though Bring back -1!!!!
-
Changing the background of a div on hover
Aah right, I see what you mean. You want to change the background-color of the div when the a is hovered?
-
Changing the background of a div on hover
- Changing the background of a div on hover
div.nav:hover { background-color:pink; width: 200px; padding: 10px; }- Looking to hire - Anybody else want to send me a letter bomb?
I'm not concerned! Any one with more than 3 brain cells can find my address if they wished!- Any web design conferences coming up?
Webdevconf next month in Bristol. Heart and soul soon too- Background Image not reapeating/showing when scrolling?
A rough guess here, but looks like it's possibly a float issue- SEO suggestion
I'm not sure about SEO but what I can tell you is that you shouldn't be charging for SEO because you clearly haven't got a clue!- What if PHP were British?
I really really wanna make a PHP interpreter to parse this as pseudo code.- DOCUMENT_ROOT or HTTP_HOST?
As Jay says. PHP Includes are for file systems. If you were to run an include over an http address via command line it wouldn't work. Try to imagine: PHP / ASP / C++ etc etc = SERVER SIDE = BACKEND = FILE SYSTEM = dirname(__FILE__) CSS / Javascript / Mark UP = CLIENTSIDE = FRONTEND = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']- Looking to hire - Anybody else want to send me a letter bomb?
I need to calm down? Nobody has blamed me? So you didn't comment something along the lines of "I'm going to make you a forum badge for ruining the Looking to Hire forum"? Whether you thought you were being funny or not is irrelevant. Your in a position of power and have responsibility. Why did I not forward the details to you? I've also spoken to renaissance about this, My girlfriend is a copper and has filed a report on my behalf. The police they will try to get in contact with Ben (Domain Owner). Bitching about this site on twitter? A) Twitter is an open platform for speach, I bitch about this website, my girlfriend, work and the kebabs. At least 60% of my followers are people that used to be on this website 2 years ago and left because of the staff (I can even count 3 ex staff members that left for that reason). Why did I take this to the open forum? Because I wanted to make it absolutely clears that A) I didn't kill the looking to hire forum Keyboard Gangsters don't scare me In 3 years I've posted almost 1000 times. I have one of the highest ranking reputations on this site of all members. In my memory I have asked for help once and received no reply. So I'd say I've posted 900 times helping people. I just find it incredulous that the Users are turning on me for a suggestion I made that had ONE opposition and you seem to find something like this funny. Also if you want to call me a liar, at least edit your post BEFORE I've read your original Thanks Oakleaves, Appreciate that!- Looking to hire - Anybody else want to send me a letter bomb?
Yeah you. I'm glad you find it funny. It might be a bit of banter to you but your supposed to be a role model. People see you blaming me and I get death threats. Again, really glad you find it funny - Changing the background of a div on hover