Everything posted by Pamil Visions
-
Worth Having Signature Links to my Site on High PR Forums?
Pamil Visions replied to Designer Karly's topic in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) & Search EnginesOf course they realize it is a forum signature. It may not count as a valuable link (to give you higher PageRank in Google) but, it might bring you other benefits: targeted traffic. You shouldn't post in just any forum, but related forums. Btw: it doesn't matter how well you rank for some keywords if no one is searching for those keywords! You should really focus on what brings revenue for your website and not on SE rankings and PR. Provide quality and both SE and visitors will be satisfied.
-
Recommend maximum Mega Pixels needed?
Well, when it comes to mega pixels I never get enough. For me it's always "more, more". I guess I am an addict of image quality... I always look for "those little details".
-
Happy New Year...Happy New Site
Not bad at all, Evie. I am a great admirer of your work. Btw, I have a client that needs a company/product presentation CD (interactive). Do you do something like this? Any price quotes I could see to show to my client?
-
Future Trends in Web Development: Google's Similarity Engine
That's exactly my worry. I hope Google finds a way to idetify the website that published the content first. Imagine what could happen if a competitor will decide to copy your contents and scatter it around the Web! OMG!
-
External link
Not such a good idea, Papia. There are many accessibility issues that speak against this technique. Besides, if your website is good enough, your visitors will know how to use the back button. Let them choose whether to come back or not, and don't annoy them with new windows. Or if you really believe this is a good thing, better warn your visitors that a certain link will open a new window.
-
Google Pagerank update coming soon
LOL, Ben! That tool gives me a PR 5. That's stunning. I hope it's right. But I am not so sure. I guess it takes into consideration links that google ignore. We will see...
-
End of project rituals
...a mild cigar and a glass of cognac. But my 2007 resolution says no more drinking, not even for fun (I'm trying to help someone quit drinking) so I'll just keep the cigar.
-
Finding Clients
Take Eskymo's advice. It's almost the same technique I used. The only difference is that I am not a designer. I do design every now and then, for fun, and I have studied design, but I do not consider myself a designer. I am a journalist first. (now a PR consultant, but that's not so far!)
-
TheDuckers.net
Well, it is not bad. It's pretty simple. (I love simple sites) Navigable... Quite OK for a family site. I'm waiting to see the "final" result.
-
Using the right Colours
Are you serious? Do you really like light text on dark background? Like white on black? On the whole page or just on menus? Dark colors are so depressing when in... large quantities!
-
Including Quality Content
You don't need to worry anylonger. If they have duplicate or even somehow duplicate content, Google will find a way to drop their rankings using at first LSI and later on the similarity engine. I see some new SEO tides...
-
Future Trends in Web Development: Google's Similarity Engine
This is fresh: the patent for “Methods and apparatus for estimating similarity” was granted to Google at the very beginning of the year. I though you might be interested in what this will mean (the technology is not implemented just yet, but it's just a matter of time till Google decides to do it) for many websites, especially since we were talking every now and then about content optimization and other SEO techniques. So bye-bye scrapers, welcome authors. The web is waiting.
-
Links or buttons
That's cool! Don't forget to show us when you're done. Or maybe when you just need a hand.
-
The best website i have ever seen in my life!
Yes, it's a nice website. But is not really the best I have ever seen. Call it the most entertaining, interactive... but not the best.
-
Planning when to add content
I am not pro "static" websites and I agree you have to add content on regular basis. But there are websites and websites and for some adding content so often simply doesn't help and it's a lot of work. I have clients that cannot afford the "luxury" of adding new content. So they have special offers and they chenge these once a month. The strategy works fine for them. You should also take care when you add new content if you have a limited hosting space. 5GB sound enormous but adding content each day might eat up that limit and traffic might affect other factors and cause unexpected expenses - think bandwidth. So I stick to my point: It really depends what kind of website we are talking about.
-
Do you make a skeleton site?
It's not a bad idea - although you should pay attention how you use tables. If you already have such a version of a site let it online, with a clear link to it. It will also help if people need to access the site from a PDA or other mobile device not only for people with disabilities or older computers.
-
TheFreakPeak.com
I don't know about the design, I have to see it as a whole. I do have a few comments though. RADICAL means (among others) either revolutionary: markedly new or introducing radical change or extremist: (used of opinions and actions) far beyond the norm. What's going to mean for you? If revolutionary, the design does not convince me. First because you've used pretty ordinary techniques and ordinary clipart (the pointing finger). And the font in "TheFreakPeak" is too ordinary as well. I've seen in used... everywhere. If this "TheFreakPeak" is going to be your brand name, you should do something about it. Create a logo, integrate it in the design, make me see the "freak" and where's the "peak"? You should also pay attention to the spelling. Is one thing to write a fast answer in a forum and have some typing faults and a completely other to create a website and have spelling errors on the first three lines. Not a very reliable message if you know what I mean. Another problem is: "a forum with a rising community". I understand you don't have the forum yet. What did you mean by "rising community". Rising from 0 to something or "wow, we are so great, we'll rise". Take that out. You are at the beginning, you should not deceive your visitors. Write there eventually: join our forum, help us make this a success. And motivate somehow the need of a forum.
-
Do you use Overture?
That's exactly why I'd like to know. I heard it takes ages for them to respond. So, in the end, it's easier to use Google? Or?
-
Gmail
Are you sure about that? I've never heard such rumors before. Could you give us a link to the survey?
-
Let's Talk About Content
Pamil Visions replied to Hoosier Hunter's topic in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) & Search EnginesOh, yes I am familiar with that article. Great you've listed it here though. I am a strong admirer of Aaron Wall as well. One has a lot to learn from this young man.
-
choosing keywords
I've just purchased Aaron Wall's SEO book. Much better than Brad's! It's really worth every cent! Strongly recommend it! And if you need more professional SEO advice, I suggest you check out Aaron's blog!
-
Let's Talk About Content
Pamil Visions replied to Hoosier Hunter's topic in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) & Search EnginesWhat are you talking about? We were just talking about content. Do you mean something like link popularity checkers? Anyway, PR is not so important. Content matters. I've just started a new tread about Google's new LSI (check it out in the google forum) and I have to tell you I am quite happy that google finally does something against web content spammers.
-
Google's New LSI
Google has introduced LSI - latent semantic indexing. This will change the way we do SEO radically, as Google will pay attention to the related terms within the content (and micro content - aka anchor text in links, page titles etc). So instead of optimizing a page for a keyword phrase and repeating it illogically, you might want to start writing naturally - what I always call "write for the users". LSI will provide for more natural results by indexing pages with natural and relevant content.
-
Your Dream Design Job
Working as a freelance. It's simply great. I do my own schedulle, I plan my tasks as I want, I have plenty to do and when I am too busy... I just delegate.
-
Which is better - Image or Text based inbound links?
Well, a banner will get more attention and generate more traffic. A text link will help increase your PR and probably go unnoticed. It really depends on what you want to achieve. Useless PR and no traffic, or a good banner to send you ready-to-buy customers? What it will be?