Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

choosing keywords

Featured Replies

I normally use overture and google keyword selection tools before selecting keywords for my sites. I look for no. of searches, first three bids, and high competition for niche sites and reverse with business sites.

  • 3 weeks later...

wow! downloading that now - it looks really good!

Hi everyone,

well, looking back to previous few months when I just started out, I was also in the stage of scratching my head all over for keywords targeting :lol:

 

But after a while ( actually nearly 6months ), I finally get tired in this ! :blink: It is like a never ending process as everyone is also chasing keywords. I simply couldn't keep up with the stiff competition as the internet world is spinning so fast and keyword targeting or choosing is getting afresh every single day!

 

So now I just concentrate on building up a better site, with better user experience taken as main factor in deciding what should be done for the site. By doing this, it is a great relief for me whenever I need to re-work on my site(s) because I just need to concentrate on taking care the user experience when they reach my site.

Google keywords is a good one, it's always best to use as many relevent keywords into the content of the site, as the meta keywords tag isn't as important as it used to be. A good little program (and free) is www.websiteceo.com which can help you greatly.

 

:)

 

Yoink! Thanks for the link :D

This keywords choosing stuff... it's not so difficult. It really depends what you want to sell. Sometimes you don't even need a keyword research tool to choose the best keywords. Let's say you sell your writing skills. What do you write? SEO content? Then one keyword phrase could be: SEO Writing or writing SEO copy. Just remember to optimize one web page per keyword phrase or per two keyword phrases and you'll do fine.

 

Mostly I choose a keyword phrase and type it into the google search box. Depending on the number of the results I get, I know my competition.

 

Hey, why don't you all download Bran Callen's SEO made easy to learn more:

 

http://www.pamil-visions.com/SEO_MadeEasy_Guide.pdf

Yup, Brad is one of the leading SEO guru.

 

I read his SEO series and tutorial. Very comprehensive guide indeed. If I could recall, the whole series has about 40+ of short tutorial. When I just started out, I follow his guides everytime I start on my computer and work on my site.

  • 1 month later...
Yup, Brad is one of the leading SEO guru.

 

I read his SEO series and tutorial. Very comprehensive guide indeed. If I could recall, the whole series has about 40+ of short tutorial. When I just started out, I follow his guides everytime I start on my computer and work on my site.

 

I've just purchased Aaron Wall's SEO book. Much better than Brad's! It's really worth every cent! Strongly recommend it! And if you need more professional SEO advice, I suggest you check out Aaron's blog!

  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When i choose the keywords for a page i look at some factors like number of searches per day which you can find with www.seotoolset.com and the the competition directly from google.

 

I've noticed though that even though the competition might be low for a more searched keyword it will be harder to reach the top them a high competition with low amount of searches per day keyword.

  • 2 months later...

I usually use google adwords and digitalpoint keyword suggestion tools.. They are effective in selecting keywords for my site and blog....

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.