Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Kiav

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kim Kiav

  1. In my own experience as a webmaster, I have seen traffic from search engines converting faster as compared to traffic from social media. But i have heard and read so many articles emphasizing on use of social media as a good online marketing channel. While I am not dismissing this I know for sure search engines work best. Any opinion?
  2. You need to understand on-page and off-page seo techniques and implement them on your website. If you do this well then you will probably start seeing your website rankings improving.
  3. Which issues are you talking about? please be clear on what you want.
  4. Hi everyone, I have been doing web design and development for a some months until a client asked me to perform seo on their websites. I did some research online and bumped on so many articles talking about good seo practices. Most of them emphasize on building good back links but every time i post new content on the websites rankings go up on search engines but with back links no results at all. So should I just concentrate on posting new content alone since it is the one working for now? Anyone with good advise please
  5. Me also. been doing web designer from next year
  6. Google is the best marketing channel. Also consider Facebook and Twitter as well.
  7. Read this article here. You will see how your web design affects seo rankings what best steps you might take
  8. I have read some articles online from different authors that try to indicate that the layout of a website has got an impact on seo. Apparently different people have different opinions on this topic. As a result i also came up with my own views on the same here. I am talking about aspects like coding ethics, responsiveness, internal linking etc. What can you add or subtract from the list? I am asking this because i also want to learn more. Thanks
  9. True there are some web designs that are not seo friendly. Aspects such as navigation, coding etc play an important role with regards to seo. Read this article here
  10. If you wanted to learn about responsive web design and its importance just read this article here
  11. I have never used wix before but apparently it sounds nasty. Write it off and move on to wordpress. It is a nice cms in terms of seo
  12. if you were really trying to help someone out, you wouldn't again share a referral link. Just go straight to the point
  13. In my view web development is a very stable career. The thing is you actually need to be abreast with technological trends in this field. This is typical in almost every career today.
  14. The point is you are not a web designer that is the reason you hired someone to it for you. They might have used a content management system like wordpress or joomla. It would be a dificult task to change things from the cpanel if this is the case as all information are fetched from the database except css and javascript files. Find out if they used any of the cms because it would be easier for an amateur like you to change fonts and font size from the backend
  15. As many as you like as long as they are relevant to the content on that page.
  16. Small seo tools is also a pretty good tool for checking plagiarism.
  17. Seo is the best technique to drive traffic to your website. I recommend you optimize the use of off page seo.
  18. Definitely yes. Because search engines detect duplicate content as plagiarism therefore they could hurt your seo.
  19. sitemaps guide search crawlers to crawl through your website quickly.
  20. Where is the website? You can look at these tips : off-page seo.
  21. This articles will help you seo your website for better rankings. Off-Page seo and On-Page seo.
  22. I launched this website a month ago. It responded very well in terms of ranking during the first weeks. It was moving up the rankings slowly until its has totally stopped. Is there anything I can do on it because currently it is on the second page of google for the keywords [SEO in Kenya] I would appreciate your input. Thanks
  23. Kindly review my website. I would like your feedback on the layout. [Web design]
  24. How would i correctly optimize this website for search engines for the term web design? or is it correctly optimized already? i would appreciate your responses. Web design in Kenya
  25. Thanks a lot for your responses. 'Privileged', I am an amatuer in design, reason for my query. I will try to work on your suggestions. Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.