Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Curvball

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Curvball

  1. Thanks for this Rob, had a quick browse yesterday (after getting the dev app.) and it looks pretty interesting - their design/layout is very functional, always has been. Will keep an eye on this.
  2. Organising my fonts is a good idea - I spend too much time looking for the right fonts... I just keep mine all together but manage them using Linotype FontExplorer X (it's free) . At the moment my fonts are just listed alphabetically but every now and then I group a bunch of them together like 'rough', 'web2.0' etc.
  3. Nice to see the real faces behind an online community... so to continue with the trend... Would you hire this guy? or... Would you rather hire this guy? and finally, what about hiring this guy?
  4. Curvball replied to Seth's topic in General Chat
    Just follow me in my signature!
  5. Curvball posted a topic in General Chat
    Hey everybody, Anybody on facebook? Look me up - cerven@deathdestroy.com and check out the PixelDeath group: Cool. I've just shared the WDF link with everybody...
  6. Do you use them personally? What package are you using?
  7. Hi Peartree - I'm not really worried where the server is based, US or UK - as long as there is good customer service etc
  8. Hi all, I've had enough of the erratic down times with my current VPS host (micfo.com) - I've been putting this move off for some time now but I just can't deal with them anymore. With a bunch of sites to move, you can understand why I've held off, moving everything can be a pain in the arse! I've been looking at some options, and I keep coming back to MediaTemples (dv) option - http://www.mediatemple.net/webhosting/dv/ (looking at the $50 option for now...) Cost is a concern to me, but uptime is my major priority. I've considered going back to a reseller system but I'm really enjoying the freedom of my VPS I'm not phased as to where the server is either. I've got about 10-12 sites on my server at the moment with one of them tracking a fair amount of traffic - and I'm hoping to increase this over the next few months. As I'm no hosting expert - I have relied on the WHM and Cpanel software to manage my sites - and I'm hoping to move to a new host that offers something similiar (mainly for the ease of site/data transfer). I'm waiting on a response from mediatemple re: Plesk. Webmail is something I require too as most of my clients really enjoy this feature. Any and all comments would be appreciated as I need to make a switch before the end of this month (May). Thanks in advance.
  9. Hey hey! Well done Slimboyfatz33. Thanks to those who voted for my site
  10. oh crap! Too late now, but will ask for the info anyway - thanks Eggman.
  11. Hey everybody, Thanks for the extra tips, threads and references for SEO - will start looking more into this as soon as I get back from LA Also, after much pestering and question asking to the SEO person, myself and my client have decided to take him up on his offer - he dropped his price to £350 for the year too! So, now my client has some extra money to do some targeted online advertising too. Brilliant and thanks again, everybody has been a really huge help. ...it is because of threads like this that I find myself spending more and more time here on WDF, my addiction is now in full swing!
  12. ...could you recommend any good books/sites/reference material I should look into?
  13. Pretty cool design, like the use of typography Only suggestions from my side is the very top pink bar might be better if it was a little taller in white and with the title written in pink. Might just open up the top of the site a little more... See the attachment for what I mean:
  14. Very cool. Wish I had a view... a sea view would be nice...
  15. Are you looking for a SEO apprentice...
  16. Hey guys, Just thought I'd let you know that I've been in touch with the SEO guy again and emailed him a list of questions I had come up thanks to this thread. I'm waiting to hear back from him. Thanks again.
  17. Yeah, the situation in the country is bad - I watched as my neighbourhood went down the drain. I used to live in Durban but have since been in the UK for two years now. Myself and the wife worry about our friends, the horror stories just keep getting closer to those we care about. Maybe one day everything will sort itself out... hopefully. However, I will always say this, it is one of the most beautiful places in the world
  18. Are you based in South Africa? Nice photos.
  19. Hey Expat, Why not try wordpress as the CMS and use the WP-ecommerce plugin? I will be playing with this soon as I also have a potential client who wants to sell some of her art online but doesn't want all the bells and whistles. I haven't really had time to look into this but it might be what you're looking for as it would be easy to customise for your client. http://www.instinct.co.nz/e-commerce/
  20. Very cool setups guys, thanks for sharing.
  21. Brilliant, cheers for the helping (hand) code - will give it a bash and see if I can get it to work... need to get my site up so I can compete with your redesign in an upcoming WDF competition
  22. Interesting Rob - where do you place this code? Above the body tag in the header? Thanks for this, still looks like greek but it seems to be making sense... I think, ha ha

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.