Everything posted by Curvball
-
Which CMS is perfect for you?
This is a great resource, used it a while back. While it isn't technically a CMS, I love wordpress - I use it for everything
-
New Website Revealed
After a good few weeks of hard work, I'm happy to announce that my latest web project is now online: www.skunxtattoo.com This site is for a new tattoo studio based in London. The shop opens it's doors for the 1st time this upcoming Saturday (12 April). Have a browse through the site and as always it is always good to hear your thoughts on the site. Thanks.
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
Cheers for the kind words Dizi - fixed that badge... I think... So far I'm enjoying WDF... but I should probably be doing some work considering I've got some crazy deadlines around the corner...
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
Go harass 'em! Suggestion has been made... http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4947
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
Okay, for all of us Mac fans - I've made a little badge you can use in your signature:) Here it is: And the link to the image is: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/Cur.../apple_user.gif
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
I second that motion! ...seeing as their are some awesome Mac specific design tools (CSSedit, Rapid Weaver etc) ...have a look see at my site please... http://www.pixeldeath.com I really need to get my arse in gear and get it sorted... love the Launchpad theme, been making use of it for all the new sites I'm building. Check it out.
-
Dreamweaver
I make use of Dreamweaver to keep track of all my sites and for FTP etc. I use the Design View pane less and less as my knowledge of coding gets better . As someone else posted, I also make use of MAMP to run stuff like Wordpress, Joomla etc on my machine. As for CSS, I use CSSedit by macrabbit (sorry PC users, it's a mac only app.) - and I would recommend it to everybody! It's awesome and has helped be gain a much better understanding of CSS.
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
I'd say 4GB RAM is really worth it - at times I'm running photoshop, dreamweaver, CSSedit, firefox, safari, indesign, itunes and others at the same time and I have no issues switching between them all, perfomance is so good, it's like I'm only running one program. I'd say go get the extra 2GB I got all my RAM from Crucial Memory, and it only cost my £100 for 2 x 2GB slots. Speaking of the 24" beast - I'm going to be setting one up for my friends new tattoo studio this Sunday - and he got it for a steal too! Might see if I can trade him, ha ha. Mac users unite!
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
You saw the Clash - now it's my turn to direct some jealousy! ... must have been awesome. To everybody, thank you so much for the awesome welcome messages - really feeling like I'm at home here on WDF (can I call it WDF??) Speak to everybody soon!
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
Oops, sorry about that... Linux is cool too And I've sorted out that error - my hosting company is screwing me around so I'm looking for a new server.
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
To be fair, I've been working and saving very hard to ensure I have my toys...
-
My new portfolio is up! critique please!
Awesome site. I like it. Well done. Actually saw it early in the week after clicking your ad on facebook;)
-
www.idreammedia.co.uk
From the album: pixeldeath.com
http://www.idreammedia.co.uk Details: - brand ID - customised wordpress system© © pixeldeath.com/iDreamMedia
-
pixeldeath.com
A selection of Curvball's work.
-
West London Reef Club site
From the album: pixeldeath.com
http://www.wlrc.info Details: - brand ID - photography - customised wordpress system ****New additions including gallery and forum to be added soon******© © pixeldeath.com
-
www.elementalmediagroup.co.uk
From the album: pixeldeath.com
http://www.elementalmediagroup.co.uk Details: - brand ID - customised wordpress system© © pixeldeath.com/ElementalMediaGroup
-
the logo...
From the album: pixeldeath.com
© © pixeldeath.com
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
Cheers Rob! Yeah, Mac is seriously the only way to go I'm currently running iMac 20" Aluminium 2.4GHz with 4GB RAM - and I'm loving it! That combined with my iphone (16GB) and my iPod Classic (80GB) it's pretty clear to see I'm quite frankly an Apple Mac fanatic, ha ha. I hope to share some of my work with everybody soon. I'm heading off to go setup my gallery now.
-
Wordpress 2.5
Mmmmm, Wordpress 2.5 - think I need to update (read: redo!) my site with the RC1 version too. But as it's been said, plugin compatibility is always going to be an issue So, what are your first impressions of 2.5? How much different is it to previous versions? I'll post my remarks once I get around to actually playing with it - but that will probably around the same time 2.6 is ready for release, ha ha.
-
Okay, So I'm Here. Now What?
Hey all, Just thought I'd drop in and say a few words. Been involved in design for so many years I've lost count - mainly print media but over the last three years I've been sucked into the digital world mainly web site design. The whole CSS aspect really intrigues me and I can't believe I used to build sites using tables, aaargh! I'm a huge fan of wordpress, use it as a base for all my sites now. I can't stand Windows (which makes me a Mac fan by default ) I'm trying to get my s**t in order so I can actually get my personal site back up - pixeldeath.com My other baby is Distorted Magazine: http://www.distortedmagazine.com (and that should pretty much reveal what I'm all about, ha ha). So yeah, that's it. Any questions?