Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

trwb.co.uk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by trwb.co.uk

  1. I have decided to make it an image, the whole navbar and text.. mainly because I am not bothered about search engine optimzation too much, and I feel the text will probably look smoother in an image
  2. I will take you up on that offer tonight if that is OK, as I'm going out right now Many thanks for the offer, how can I get hold of you and at what time:)
  3. ELITE thanks for the offer, but I don't want to use any juavascrit... just personal preferences Many thanks for the input though
  4. the text goes right up to the edges Try a lighter body colour.... maybe just off white grey colour and take away all the borders around the container and homepage image..there is too much going on there, a "less paked" well thought out site would be so much nice4r
  5. Anybody fancy giving me a hand:P
  6. thats what I tired, but for some reason it wasnt working. I'm going to concentrate on it tonight lol I think it would look quite good if it worked..I know an image isnt the best for nav but still
  7. Heres a tricky one! I am amaking a normal horizaontal navigation bar, going across my whole container with just a different colour on hover and on current Anyway, I have made a reflection on my nav bar.. so obviously i have made the nav bar an image...what I want is for my reflection to show the hover colour as well. Any Ideas I am just experimenting. check out http://www.trwb.co.uk/newtest.html .... dont worry about the header etc as this is me just messing about, my nav bar will look like that but that isnt an image there, only the reflection of it is. But what I want it the blue hover on the reflection too Cheers
  8. I love the overall design, and the four box navigation is quality... the only thing I would say is the flowers look very slightly pixelated but over all i think it is a very nice site and no way near "poor work"
  9. I stopped being lazy and worked it out for myself, I have used the one image method, but not the same css at the tutorial
  10. but will the other part of the image not stay visible when not the margin is moved?
  11. I think I will ask Dizi to make this subject a Sticky lol
  12. trwb.co.uk replied to grjones's topic in Frontend
    Try here mate, he has some great photo gallerys and a few similar to the one fruit and veg gave http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/
  13. by the way, the hover behaviour has only been applied to top left
  14. OMG this is annoying me, my head isnt clear and TBH i'm being lazy. I am mucking about with something for a distant re design of my site, and it basically uses 4 boxes set in a square with spaces between.. say [] [] [] [] Like that!!! Basically, each box is a <div> witha greyscale background image and then in my HTML I have put the coloured image within the <div>, and added the bedhaviour of "hide" on hover to my CSS Check out the CSS and HTML to see what I mean.. now i know the coding isnt the best as Im just mucking about, but when I hover; it flickers between greyscale and colour in firefox and in Explorer it goes to grey on hover but if i move the curser a tiny bit even still within the box, it flickers HEELLPPP!! thanks
  15. Rob, all I can say is it looks great... I cant get my head around wordpress, I havnt looked into it really, suppose I should
  16. Dizi I think the site is 99% pefect apart from maybe make the text 1pt larger. Depends on your text prefrences as I for one hate text that is too large, I think the colour balance and size of the site is perfext and to be honest until It starts to look dated; I wouldnt change it at all Unlike me, i'm currently making "prototypes" for what must be my 5th design in 12 months lol i just can't please myself on my own site and hate my current one lol.
  17. if I am totally honest it looks copied.. or i recognise it I can't remember, correct me if im wrong but didnt Rob (Rawkes) used to have the same header but with a image saying no templates? Not fond of the whole site
  18. its OK, my main issue from just a quick glance at the home page is the logo, it looks slightly blurred and pixelated and doesnt suit the site
  19. trwb.co.uk posted a topic in Frontend
    Hi guys I have made an HTML email for a customer (what a pain, back to tables lol) I need to give hime instructions on how to actually set it up as an email Can you help It will be used in Outlook express I know you have to save in stationary folder or something
  20. Andy's Web I think your sie design is nice and simple, and I dont know where Goldstein got the idea of a myspace page lol it looks nothing like it, and to be honest your looks a damn site better than his As other suggested, change the menu... I would get rid of images ocmpletley, you wont lose much "smoothness" using text and CSS, and I would suggest you added an effect on hover so it is more clearly a link The only other issues are: I feel the bookmark button looks out of place, may just be the colour... could you not add this to the footer? also is there anything you could add to your left column under the menu, so there isnt a huge gap.... maybe your latest projects or a couple of testomonials?
  21. bumfluff i meant blind candlestick maker lol
  22. Thought it was CSS naked day again!!! On a serious note, I'd agree with the above, apart from Notbanksy : If you can find another blind candlestick maker i'll quit web design!!!!
  23. I just dont think it suits the subject, too plain Also I would change to colour/tone of the "current" page on the nav bar so it isnt the same as hover colour

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.