Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Please take a look at my site (ADM)

Featured Replies

Hi All,

:hi:

I recently did some pro-bono work for a good friend of mine. He's trying to break into the Broadcast/Voice-over world here in the States and he needed a Web site. Being the nice guy that I am I set one up for him. It's completely in CSS2 and there is no tables or anything.

 

Please take a look: http://tinyurl.com/55tslc and let me know what you like about it and what needs to be tweaked. I did validate it and it is proper XHTML traditional. :lol:

 

Thanks guys!

 

-Seth

Hi Seth,

Just a quick one from me.

Do you spell independent differently in the states?

If not, you need to change that header! :)

site is ok looking but the text on most pages is to close to the left side - just insert a space between the left edge and the first letter

Heya,

 

Couple of things i noticed.

 

- Header is a bit dark/grayish has very little color and a bit unclear as to what it is. Also the shadow in the header is a bit over the top. Would probably look better without it.

- Padding is to small on several places. Menu, left side subheader, Bottom text area.

- The border on the picture looks very very old. Seems like it's the standard border design used on website from the early 90's.

- Text area are a bit wide. Especially the bottom one without a pic. Try Deviding the content into collumn or simpley make the website more narrow.

- The XHTML button seems a bit out of place ( style whise).

- Color's of the website are a bit dark. Try using brighter colors, or maybe darker color to highlight the parts you want people to notice.

 

Well that's it :) hope you found these suggestions usefull and gl with your website.

 

Greetz R-J

Your text doesn't have enough breathing space. Give yourself a 20-30px margin away from the edge of your container on both sides. Also, your header is too near the nav bar - more padding needed. I have spotted a typo:

As a up-and-coming voice over artist
should be
As an up-and-coming voice over artist

The images you have used for the contact page, and links page are really not working for me. Way too obvious and a little corny IMHO.

Other than that, it's a nice pleasant site, nice clean code. Just a little tweaking needed...

the text goes right up to the edges

 

Try a lighter body colour.... maybe just off white grey colour and take away all the borders around the container and homepage image..there is too much going on there, a "less paked" well thought out site would be so much nice4r

Don't place a XHtml Valid sticker. Do you see a Mercedes brag about it's engine capacties? No, because everybody knows Mercedes produces quality. At least drop the badge and place a text link.

  • Author

Thank you all for your advise.

 

I did get rid of the badge. I am proud of the fact that it validates but I agree it doesn't need to be there. I tweaked it a little. Take a look let me know what you think. I tried it without a border and it looked horrid to me so I lighted up the border.

 

It's my "lil brother's" site so I'm able to do what I think is best. It was probono after all. LOL

 

Thanks so much again! :hi:8):drinks:

How about changing your green background with a light shade of gray? That would make your site look more profesional.

Sorry to keep picking Seth but you need to change your <title> text to 'independent' too.

I really think the header should be part of the main body of text rather than span the whole page above the photo. Like this:

post-3557-1212320825_thumb.png

  • Author

Thanks everyone!

post-4243-1212394062_thumb.png

 

Color scheme like this might work better, It's a little less dark

I noticed one of the many thing he specialises in is copywriting... therefore I'd recommend looking at the copy as a matter of urgency!!! :D

Yes, I would do a spell check if I were you, I noticed a few typo's. Nothing major, just a few spaces needed and there is a "he" that should be him. Other than that, It's looking good. :good:

post-4243-1212394062_thumb.png

 

Color scheme like this might work better, It's a little less dark

out of interest, how did you login to my computer, change the colour and take a new screenshot without me even noticing? <_<

;)

out of interest, how did you login to my computer, change the colour and take a new screenshot without me even noticing? <_<

;)

 

Haha, thats my dirty little secret :)

 

Never took a Screenshot, Just photoshopped your screenshot, couldn't be arsed to make my own screenshot ^_^

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.