Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ring Tones Site

Featured Replies

Hi, I'd appreciate it if you guys could have a look at my site: http://www.opentones.org/ The design is modified from a template and I'm most interested in thoughts and suggestions for the useability of the site as opposed to if you think it looks nice (though tips on that would be nice too!)

Hi mazadillon, your site isn't displaying correctly when viewed in Firefox.

The right column is being forced lower than the left one.

Try playing with the widths of each column to make them fit into the #content div.

You're also specifying one column in pixels and the other one using percentage. It might be easier to use pixels for both.

  • Author

Thanks for the quick response, I've fiddled with the style sheet and put them both in pixels - is that any better do you think?

 

Hi mazadillon, your site isn't displaying correctly when viewed in Firefox.

The right column is being forced lower than the left one.

Try playing with the widths of each column to make them fit into the #content div.

You're also specifying one column in pixels and the other one using percentage. It might be easier to use pixels for both.

I just dont think it suits the subject, too plain

 

Also I would change to colour/tone of the "current" page on the nav bar so it isnt the same as hover colour

That totally looks like a template. Also not sure the blog layout is appropriate considering the audience for ringtones.

As previously mentioned, your target audience will leave immediately if you don't make any indication it's a website for ring tones. No even a logo with a musical note + a cell phone? and the link to Tones is tiny - is this a blog or a ringtone website?

 

Best of luck

I've seen that template before and I have to say it doesn't look like you have done much modification to it.

 

Also it doesn't look like a ringtone site, there is no indication at all that the sit has anything to do with ringtones. The only bit that really does looks like an advertising section rather than real links. Really it just seems like a blog and nothing more, it really needs a lot of direction placed on it and you need to look at other ringtone sites.

  • Author

Thanks very much for the candid comments, looks like i have to go away and think about this for a bit. I'll look at modifying the design or scrapping it altogether and starting from scratch.

Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to here, I don't think there is anything wrong with the design, its just not a fitting design for what you are promoting.

 

I hope you will show us what you come up with next as it will be interesting to see how it develops :)

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.