Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

trwb.co.uk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by trwb.co.uk

  1. Hi Silly me, dont know hoe I didnt pick up on that, I have changed that now, now they are both on same area, but overlapping each other...getting there!
  2. Thanks Alex, still no luck. heres the code I have for it #wrap {display: block; background-color: #FFFFFF; color: #666666; margin-top: 9px; } * html #wrap {margin-top: -10px;} #left {display: block; background-color: #FFFFFF; color: #666666; width: 208px; float: left; position: relative; top: 0px;} #group {display: block; background-color: #FFFFFF; color: #666666; width: 933px; float: right; position: relative; top: 0px;} #centre {display: block; background-color: #FFFFFF; color: #666666; width: 608px; right:left; top: 0px;} <!-- InstanceEndEditable --></div> <!--end centre div--> </div><!--end group div--> <div id="left"> <?php include("/home/fhlinux146/g/getahead-direct.com/user/htdocs/includes/a_column.php"); ?> </div> <!--end left div--> <div class="fauxclear"></div> </div><!--end wrap div--> <div id="tutorials"><a name="freetutorials" id="freetutorials"></a> <?php include("/home/fhlinux146/g/getahead-direct.com/user/htdocs/includes/freetutorial.php"); ?> </div> <div id="freedown"><a name="freedownloads" id="freedownloads"></a> <?php include("/home/fhlinux146/g/getahead-direct.com/user/htdocs/includes/freedownload.php"); ?> </div> <div id="footer"> <?php include("/home/fhlinux146/g/getahead-direct.com/user/htdocs/includes/footer.php"); ?> </div><!--end footer div--> </div><!--end page div--> <?php include("/home/fhlinux146/g/getahead-direct.com/user/htdocs/includes/google.php"); ?> </body> <!-- InstanceEnd -->
  3. Hi All Ive been left with changing our business website, something that was done by my father, but he has since passed away. I am having troubles with the layout and wondering if anybody could help. I have 2 columns and cannot get them side by side, fustrating! site is here: getahead-direct.com Any ideas? Thank you
  4. Hi all I helped a friend out in completing his photography website. Anyway he wants a gallery for his photos within the site, but wants to be able to edit them himself...e.g. some sort of CMS gallery within the site. Can anybody give me any ideas? Thanks again. T
  5. LEGEND! Thanks so much thats made it appear in chrome and fine in explorer, and so simple! Havnt really touched CSS or HTML in well over a year and its suprising how much ive forgotton!
  6. Hi all A couple of years ago I took a step away from web design (apart from my own ecommerce stuff) but have been trying to help out a mate get his site going. Anyway, I am having a problem with the nav bar in chrome, it just wont show up, links are still active, but wont show. Heres the code: (May not be the cleanest!) http://swp-photography.co.uk/style.css Then you can see the HTML via view source. It is also a bit messy in Explorer, its going down in "steps" Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated!
  7. Hi I have a site at http://www.topgiftsuk.co.uk I cant get the nav category module to sit right on the left Any help!! Thanks
  8. Hi all This is not a final design, and the copy is just rough etc But what do you think of the overall design? Link
  9. Nice sumple design, with good colours... maybe the bottom footer is slightly bright. I am using latest Firefox on Windows and the footer is aligned over to the left which is obviously no intended. Not sure if you have it yet, but in the new IE 8 Beta it sits to the left. Not sue about crome, havent downloaded it yet as it has tons of security issues
  10. bump someone help!!
  11. So here it is, I am to create a site that incorporates that customers ebay listings, car parts. That is easy. But he wants one page that he can upload the cars he has for sale on and have a list of what cars he is selling on that page. So how can I do this, should I learn to use a CMS or are there easier ways
  12. yup, where did u get the lines from mine? With that purple line you put on it, colour match it with one of the lines in the header that join onto it, because it looks a tiny bit too bright... or make it slightly thinner or opacity 80% if youre in photoshop... see what it looks like
  13. http://www.trwb.co.uk/images/designpic.jpg Just a quick mock up of stripes... doesnt lok good as i rushed it with quick colours, but thats an idea
  14. Headers looking good now with the logo
  15. You could try using diagonal stripes with the gradient for the nav bar and headers or either..depends how you feel about lines/stripes. Reducing the height would be good ..maybe reduce the height and go back to the old header image with the new logo and show us what it looks like Along with the suggestion to remove the "tools of trade"
  16. Are the images below each nav link going to do something on hover then? If so, im not sure because of the size of your header could you make them a bit smaller? it maybe just because your design doesnt look full scale. I would at least suggest padding everything else out a bit to give some space. Also, keep the new logo for your latest design (without the red) but go back to the old banner as the colours matched...now you have got rid of the red.. but added an image in the banner with more colours.... too much going on. My last thing is the gradients on the headings, will they be just like this, ... probs just my personal preference but they dont look right Overall though good basis
  17. Its all about preference, thinkgs like bevel and emboss and colours I agree with, but glass effects if used for the right kind of site can look great. e.g. social networks. Also I dont understand how stock images look templatey, stock images are there because they are high quality images that enhance the look of the site, now that is why template makers started using them. I would never stop using stock images because they are on templates
  18. Just the job thanks a lot. No worries for last night, I managed to work it out just positioning wasnt the best. Cheers All
  19. Changed all to float left, but now the last one is going below... I have published it so you can see
  20. just checked it on ie terrible browser lol ... its all mangled Knew it was too good to be true, has anybody got any ideas... it is perfect in firefox but look in ie
  21. sorry Dizi But yeh I did it... I really should think more before i talk because with more thought into it I work the problems out anyway lol Thanks for help everyone
  22. ooo i did it:D just put a div the same size as the reflection area and put top: -31px with no fill Dam i'm good Jokin lol
  23. Right I cracked it! Apart from the rough image (its only a test so dont worry about how it looks) I have managed to make my reflection change colour on hover too.... the only problem I have is the fact that I dont want the reflection itself to be part of the link... is there anyway I can stop this... maybe with an object infront so the reflection is visible, butyou cant click on it
  24. Dizi I have looked at the link you gave me and the method you used on your site. Because it is similar to yours only horizontal and not tabbed, I have looked at your css and used the same basic method. The only thing i have got that is a problem is that each nav image (class) is going underneath the one before it, how can I get them to stay next to each other.
  25. Here is the link to the image I plan to use: http://trwb.co.uk/images/navimg.jpg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.