Everything posted by trwb.co.uk
-
Navigation Styling
LeeSalter Yes I feel the header is very deep (takes up a lot of room) But if thats the way you client likes i then so be it. Let us know when you have uploaded the revised site
-
Navigation Styling
I think, I would either make the header less deep, or make the nav bar slightly deeper Also i feel it would look better if you took away the top and bottom border on the nav bar so it is just green to white try that and see what it looks like
-
A Qucik Site I did For A Property Guy
i looked again and you have removed both the a and the s lol only remove one of them
-
A Qucik Site I did For A Property Guy
OOps posted my comment twice
-
A Qucik Site I did For A Property Guy
Nice simple site, just a couple of points: We provide a professional property management services to meet your requirements. Professional service at a rate of 6.5%. You used "a" then an s on the end of service??? either take one or the other away Also can you add a bit of padding on the left of the content area, the text is too close to the edge
-
New Clients Website Design - What Do You Think
what is YMMV?? lol
-
Shadow Help
Do you have a bottom shadow? See I need to use so many images because at the top of the right shadow and the left of the bottom shadow I want it to fade into the body colour. Also I have margins set on my body...otherwise I wouldnt even have a bottom shadow
-
Shadow Help
ElanMan My container will be height:auto its just while I have No content i have set a height to do the shadow
-
New Clients Website Design - What Do You Think
Bumfluff thanks for your input As for boring I see what you mean, BUT it is being made to look simple and professional.. which it does The images there wont be used, better ones will be used and as for the bottom... i have two designs but I cant choose which one to use lol
-
Shadow Help
didnt work, the white background of container was mucked up so my body colour was shown throughout, also the bottom corner div sat too low I'm going to look into it tomorrow, there has to be an easy way to do it
-
Shadow Help
Elan Man WOuld you be able to re-write my CSS that I have provided to how you think it would work so i can try it out Thank you
-
Could You Review My Copy?
Not sure what to say The content looks like most other web designers website content (including mine lol) but there are so many things you can say to sound unique Not sure about your high quality design ideas
-
Could You Review My Copy?
Usually it helps to add a URL to the site being reviewed
-
Round Corners
I'm not going to vote purely because On one site I may say YES and on another I may say No You can't just write something off, there will always be a place for them on certain sites
-
Very First One :)
I think its quite nice, not the colours i would personally choose but i still think it works. My only questions are The contact and location links at the top right look too spaced IMO Also Something about the ext doesnt look right in the main content area.. maybe its the colours but im not sure
-
New Clients Website Design - What Do You Think
Bumpity bump:D
-
Shadow Help
I also have the two fading images to add too but i just want to sort this out first
-
Shadow Help
This is all the html, set out in divs <div id="container"> <div id="shadowright"> <div id="bottomrightcorner"></div> </div> </div>
-
Shadow Help
Hi all Right so I never use shadow on my sites (around the container) But for a job i am doing i have decided that shadow will look good, a simple right and bottom gradient shadow consisting of 5 images Top right (for fade) Right (shadow gradient) Bottom right corner (for fade between two axes) bottom (shadow gradient) Bottom left (for fade) I have outlined in black what each image is below in the image, and you will see the shadow I am trying to achieve. Anyway, I have set the bottom shadow in my container ans the right shadow in a div the same size as the container as it has to repeat. But I cannot position any of the corners correctly Here is my CSS for the right shadow, bottom shadow and bottom right corner #container { width:870px; height:900px; background-color:#FFFFFF; margin: 0 auto 0 auto; background-image:url(/images/bottomshadow.jpg); background-repeat:repeat-x; background-position:bottom; } #shadowright { width:870px; height:900px; background-image:url(/images/rightshadow.jpg); margin: 0 0 0 32px; background-position:right; background-repeat:repeat-y; } #bottomcornershadow { width:31px; height:32px; background-image:url(/images/bottomrightshadow.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin: 0 0 0 600px; } At the moment the bottom right corner wont stay where it should Can anybody help me achieve this shadow
-
Webdesign Outsourcing :o)
Sometimes i get so suprised with prices For example.. My Father and I are both webdesigners, i'm more freelance whereas he owns his own company... Anyway he charges thousands for sites and at least £100 per hour, He charged a small football league £1700 just to encorporate a CMS into the already designed site... Nowadays I feel website designers are being undermined by such low prices... low as in ridiculous, espcially when you see some of the work... templates and all I was on a US based freelancing site and you can see the average price offered for a job, anyway this one job in particular was for quite a large shopping cart site... and for any proper website designer designing from scratch would usually cost over £1000 Yet the average bid was like $100(dollars) I was just in shock, I'd barely make a one page static site for £50
-
Doing My Head In! Help
RobH As soon as you suggested it I knew it would work... As I said I have had this before and I worked it out that time, but I have had about 2 hours sleep and I can't think lol Thank you very much for the quick answer
-
Doing My Head In! Help
Right, I have got a problem which I have encountered before and fixed myself before.. but I am tired and my mind has gone blank, i'm ready to throw my monitor out the window!! I have two columns within my container, you will see the height on the container is set as auto: #container { width:800px; height:auto; border:solid #000066 thin; margin: 0px auto 0 auto; background-color:#EFEFF1; } Now for some reason in firefire fox it is only paying attention to the height of my left column, and my right column is longer than the left and so it is running out of the container.. it is as if it isnt even in the container... but it is lol Can somebody help because i'm widing myself up here lol
-
New Clients Website Design - What Do You Think
Thanks for the suggestion, but That image will soon be a slideshow with a few decent images, tha is just there to show what will be there
-
Cold...emailing...
I thought this was quite bad lol Well I must be good at wording emails. I generally slate the existing site in the nicest way possible and then tell them the benefits of a quality website and people seem really intrested. I do carefully select who I email, I spend a lot of the time searching for companies with cruddy sites so I have a better chance of success. I also only contact smaller businesses I would rather have lots of regular small sites
-
Please Review My Website.
I like it, it is dark but i think it is OK