Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

llegent

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by llegent

  1. Hi, As we realized, there are literally tones of domains being dropped every single day. At the same time, we also know that there are some major players in snapping up these domain as soon it drops. So, what tools or services did you use that has help to secure the domain that you have been eyeing?? and finally dropped and you caught it!
  2. Hi, Well, I think that one of the satisfying task for website owner is having a successful forum. With it, we would have visitors adding fresh new content for us! Nevertheless, I understand that it takes a lot of works and efforts to create a forum and then making it successful. So, I would like to seek for seniors here pertaining to when you would start a forum for your site?? Is it right away along with your new website?? Thanks for sharing.
  3. Hi everyone, As there are some webmaster pointed out that sites that are getting higher traffic and the visitors staying longer in the site could possibly be gaining higher PR. Well, of course there is no concrete proof about it. But giving it a secing thoght ...when visitors reach a site via google search, google bot is "presumely" follow and take a snap on the site, and the pages that visitors browse thru. So, I wonder would this resulted in the site and its new pages (if any) get indexed and crawled by google faster? and possibly gain better PR ?? Or..I am just having wild thoughts??
  4. Hi everyone, In trying to acquire more subsctions for my service, I am looking at Google Adword PPA channel. Has anyone tried it out?? I wonder how the smart pricing works in this type of channel??
  5. Hi, I need a sample for php.ini file to be uploaded to one of my site that has phpsuexec enabled in the server. I search around for some guides but it seems that there is not simple enough sample of this file where I can just use it and upload it to my site. I am trying to input glib php value into it so that I could get my site compressed and speed up the loading time :- Thanks for your kind help.
  6. Hi everyone, Just recently my server load has gone high due to high load of mysql database queries activities. In trying to bring the load under control, I am thinking of bring the MySQL database to external server. Unfortunately, this external database hosting is new to me, and I have no technical knowledge in dealing with this area. Would someone kind to point me a plain simple guide available out there? Thanks.
  7. Hi, I need some guides to help in configurating back up for my server. At the moment, I set it in WHM for the server to perform daily back up. However, would it be possible for me to set it in a way that it could have 2 copy of back up?? Eg :- 1. Monday, Wednesday, Friday will be back up in folder1 , 2. Tuesday, Thursday, saturday will be back up in folder 2 . Could this be possible ?
  8. Hi everyone, Just wondering has anyone tried or already using Google Analytics? I just started to use it last week, the stats are much comprehensive, and detailed too! However, I am still kind of exloring those stats and options available in it, especiall the Goal Setting, Funnel..etc . These are totally new to me. Any guides?? Thanks.
  9. I strongly agreed with Ben. Blog could be the starting point to get your site "out" to the world, follow by becoming a good netizen in forum and community discussion. However, consistently offering and maintaining a good service is the key to success in long term. It will also become your viral marketing channel if your service is good, and word will just spread without you even noticing it.
  10. Hi, I am searching for some step by step guide to help me trouble shoot this funny character that appear whenever there is file uploaded into my server. Eg :- 1. Filename--> Son's Birthday become -> Son\'sBirthday After searching thru php.net , I realized that it is due to apache or server side configuration to tell the server to read this so-called "escape character" properly when parsing them. The problem is...I am not programmer ! I don't get what the tutorial or guides trying to tell me. I am still stuck with this. At the moment, I try not to use file with these escape character. But...is there a step by step guide?? Thanks
  11. Well, I agreed. When I was starting out...I had to wait for months before google starts to visit my site. After months of finding out ( while sitting in sandbox ) I finally realized that there are some ways to get out of it fast. Blog is one of the effective way to help new site getting visited by Google.
  12. Yup, Brad is one of the leading SEO guru. I read his SEO series and tutorial. Very comprehensive guide indeed. If I could recall, the whole series has about 40+ of short tutorial. When I just started out, I follow his guides everytime I start on my computer and work on my site.
  13. Hi guys and gals! Thanks GREATLY for your kind inputs! I am really glad to have some other to help reveiw my site! Ok, points noted ! I will re-look into the "navigation font/text" area. I agreed that the design is not really good for user's eye. It is to "blended into" the background. By the way, I have also revamped another site of mine. It was a phpBB forum, but honestly I am a poor webmaster and I somehow "managed' to messed up the forum just yesterday! I was trying to upgrade it to the latest version but forgotten that I had some mods install in the existing site! So what happen was...after upgraded the phpBB version (using Fantastico installer), I simply couldn't login to my admin panel after 2hours of numerous attempts! The page just blank out..a WHITE BLANK Page! The funny thing is that however, the forum shows that my username is login but yet there is not admin panel access for me! I was supposed to have admin access but just don't allow me to see it. So...after working for 12+hours, I finally gave it up and again...remove the forum ( which last for 4months+ actually ! Pretty painful decision ), and just go ahead to install the template express which is much more simpler for a newbie webmaster like me. The new site is also very similiar with JuzTalk.com ( offering the same service...well, that's my venture for now ) . I will take note of the navigation text/font/layout design to give user a better browsing experience. Thanks again for your kind inputs! ...working on... ( sorry but sometime I tend to write too lengthy...just couldn't stop )
  14. Hi everyone, well, looking back to previous few months when I just started out, I was also in the stage of scratching my head all over for keywords targeting But after a while ( actually nearly 6months ), I finally get tired in this ! It is like a never ending process as everyone is also chasing keywords. I simply couldn't keep up with the stiff competition as the internet world is spinning so fast and keyword targeting or choosing is getting afresh every single day! So now I just concentrate on building up a better site, with better user experience taken as main factor in deciding what should be done for the site. By doing this, it is a great relief for me whenever I need to re-work on my site(s) because I just need to concentrate on taking care the user experience when they reach my site.
  15. Hi ItsComeToThis, Well, that's the main problem/constraint that I am facing...I am not able to turn back phpsuexec due to some backend script that I need in managing several hundreds of accounts in my server. WHile I was searching for possible guides andadvise, I learnt that this error may caused by PHP charset variable, which is called "default_charset". Webmaster might need to set the character set they wish to use. But this sound pretty complicated for newbie like me. I am stil searching for simple guide that can be implemented straight away...best if just need to do a simple command input into file (like .htaccess ? ) and upload it to the site affected. Still working on to be a better server admin.
  16. Hi penguinmama, My apology for not noticing your reply Ok, I am having Linux for my server. I use VPZZ & WHM to access it, andmanaging the accounts in the server. I use VPZZ mainly due to my lack of knowledge in server management area,, and VPZZ is pretty simple to use for newbie. Over the past few weeks, I keep seraching for information on this area in securing server that had been comprimized in root access. Unfortunately, there isn't much useful advise except going for hard drive re-format to rule out any possible trajon planted in the server by the hacker. At the moment, I can only wish that the hacker didn't plant any trojan or virus scripts in my server. By the way, my Data Center helped me to reset the root passowrd in order to get back the access control.
  17. Thanks guys and gals!! I am getting lot of information here! These inputs are good for my knowledge in preparing my site for "Internet Venture"! I am starting to re-look into several of my sites and re-work on them, especially this "secret" which I didn't noticed of :- Thanks Pamil for sharing
  18. Hi Pamil, well, thanks for the info, I started to use that to track my site progress in yahoo. It is similiar to google sitemap ! One thing different that I notice is that yahoo is able to pick up backlinks pretty fast compare to google. This is nice tool to use if I want to get site indexed in yahoo fast!
  19. Hi, I need some guide to help in trouble shooting those funny character in foreign language website. Previously, they were displayed fine/working properly. But after I disable/turn off phpsuexec in my server, these chinese character coded sites are displaying character like :- ??**&%@@ !! I am having haedache trying to look for solution and guides! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
  20. Hi, I am looking for way to have this :- 1. Customer want to pay at my ecommerce site. 2. My payment mode is only Paypal. 3. So customer will be directed to Paypal and pay to my account 4. After they completed their paypal, they will then be returned to my ecommerce site. As I understand, this is currently able to be done in paypal setting. But what if I have several ecommerce sites?? How do I setup so each customer will be able to return to the respective site after completed palpay payment? eg : 1. Site 1 -> PayPal -> return to site 1 2. Site 2 -> PayPal -> return to site 2 Is this possible?? or it is best to creat new paypal account for each site? Thanks.
  21. Hi everyone, I am thinking of moving my forum site from main domain into sub-domain. It is a phpBB forum. I have cpanel access for this forum site. The problemis..I am a poor webmaster! I ddn't do this before. Is this possible?? ..and rather easy?? Could anyone help to give some guides? Thanks GREATLY!
  22. HI, I am having great problem trying to solve this syntax error in MySQL Database. At the moment, my server is having latest stable version of 4.1.21 . I am trying to perform a database dump from another account but keep facing :- Syantax error. ....CHARSET=latin1 After some searches, I found out that this is due to some version different, so I wonder if there is a way to tell MySQL to ingore this CHARSET ?? and take whatever dump/command?? I tried to search thru the official at mysql, but there seems not having the solution for this. Thanks.
  23. Hi everyone, Have been a while in this forum. Looks good here. Ok, I just build a simple site at http://juztalk.com . It is build with the Fantastico easy installer in cpanel. Then I change a bit here and there on the layout, and some very basic coding. I am not a good webmaster...just learning one small step at a time. Note :- This site is to help complement my hosting service. Please advise if the site is :- 1. Loading fast enough or not? 2. Easy to navigate or not ? 3. Message is clear or could be better ? 4. more ? Thanks for your kind input.
  24. Hi everyone, I wonder what's the "breakthru point" in starting to get good revenue from adsense?? Like getting 300 unique visitors per day?? Or it is that even with low traffic (< 300 unque/day) , you are still able to generate good revenue by targeting high paying keyword? Kind to share??
  25. Hi everyone, Ok, with the more emphasis on the effectivness of targetted landing page in order to boost conversion arte, I would like to learn more in this area as to how to build up effective landing page? What are the neccessary planning stage and steps that you guys adopt before building the site/page up?? How about the analysis part??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.