Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When to start a forum for existing site?

Featured Replies

Hi,

Well, I think that one of the satisfying task for website owner is having a successful forum. With it, we would have visitors adding fresh new content for us!

 

Nevertheless, I understand that it takes a lot of works and efforts to create a forum and then making it successful. So, I would like to seek for seniors here pertaining to when you would start a forum for your site?? Is it right away along with your new website??

 

Thanks for sharing.

I would create a forum when my website was on a high so to speak!

Make sure you have lots of members who are able to keep the forum running smoothly.

Theres no point in having a forum with no posts!

  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that's right destiny star. If you're getting quite a bit of traffic, a forum might not be a bad idea, it will get people to stay longer on your site, gain new members, and yes, updated content - which helps with search engines and thus, get more traffic.

When I started my Yahoo ID site, I started the forums instantly. I advertised and the site blew up in front of my eyes. Maybe it was because of luck, but it was an immediate success. I had a 100+ user database in less than one week. I guess it just depends on the topic of your site.

It might also help if you integrated the forums into the site. For example, when an article is posted, referring the user to the forums for comment. I plan to add forums in this way myself.

I haven't got anything set up on my forum yet, but I did go ahead and install a forum site to my existing domain for later use. I was excited to get a head start on this project even though I haven't been able to implement it into the scheme of things yet. It is good practice for when I get busy.

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.