Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Google sandbox

Featured Replies

How long is a website in the Google sandbox when it is first created? Is it 6 months or a year or more? Does it depend on the competitive nature of the keyword that the website is optimizing for?

Thanks,

 

Interesting Read, I must say for Web Designers who have just built a website and they want traffic, it looks like they won't get it.... Which is a shame as they won't get noticed for a while. Though I see what Google could be doing here, with every new site that needs traffic, it may draw more people to use Adwords, to get into good search result positions. I reckon there's some conspiracy theory here....

I think you might be on to something there...

I have to agree. I could yell "NO fair!" about the new sites policy with Google's sandbox, but really, they're just trying to make a buck, just like me.

 

I considered it Google's attempt at stopping the proliferation of those really annoying Adsense websites that pop up rapidly.

 

Those links were really helpful - thanks!

i never have a sandbox issue.

 

i talk to one of my contacts who have a PR5 ranking and get them to link to me.

 

my content get spidered and my pages are indexed within 24 hrs.

 

if you use the tool at iwebtool.com for the google PR predictor, you will see that my 3 month old domain www.whoisandrewwee.com is scheduled to go from PR0 to PR4 during the next updates. (it sometimes fluctuates between PR3 and PR4 but that's an anomaly).

why dont you read evie's first post?

 

i think it's a little rude not to read the thread properly and go through it thoroughly.

 

it's clear that evie's spent some time looking for the resources and taking the trouble to post them here...

I guess Google Sandbox is just a myth. There isnt anything like that. I have found my webistes to show in Google search within hours of its existence. You just need to do everything legally your site disappers from google only if u do something illegal

I also conduct some research on google sandbox, and i feel it really happening. my exp. is that it is taking maybe around 2 - 3 months to clear your site from sandbox.

Well, like Andrew says, you can override the sandbox effect with some high-powered links, etc. I've never had an issue getting my sites indexed even without high PR links. I tend to build up the SEO after launching my site (which may be dumb), and my sites usually raise gradually through the ranks.

  • 1 month later...

Well, I agreed. When I was starting out...I had to wait for months before google starts to visit my site. After months of finding out ( while sitting in sandbox :( ) I finally realized that there are some ways to get out of it fast.

 

Blog is one of the effective way to help new site getting visited by Google.

Well, I agreed. When I was starting out...I had to wait for months before google starts to visit my site. After months of finding out ( while sitting in sandbox :( ) I finally realized that there are some ways to get out of it fast.

 

Blog is one of the effective way to help new site getting visited by Google.

 

 

This is a very interesting article if you needed to know What Is the Google Sandbox Effect

 

I hope it answers a few of your questions and gives some guidelines on how to get out of the Sandbox faster.

  • 3 months later...
i never have a sandbox issue.

i talk to one of my contacts who have a PR5 ranking and get them to link to me.

my content get spidered and my pages are indexed within 24 hrs.

if you use the tool at iwebtool.com for the google PR predictor, you will see that my 3 month old domain www.whoisandrewwee.com is scheduled to go from PR0 to PR4 during the next updates. (it sometimes fluctuates between PR3 and PR4 but that's an anomaly).

 

Andrew hit the nail on the head.

 

The sandbox does not exist unless you trigger it. Think about it logically; If you are a rugby player in a scrum you can probably get away with one or two sly punches to the oppositions head every match. If you continually do it throughout the game, what's going to happen? Yes, you guessed right, you will get caught, possibly penalized and maybe sent off.

 

With Google, they aren't going to send you off, however if you are trying to falsely increase you popularity by attaining too many links or, worse still, spamming everywhere you can .. you will get penalized a.k.a. the sandbox effect.

 

I'm not saying that everyone who gets lots of links to their website is guilty of spamming, all I'm saying is that you need to be wary of getting too many links, too quickly.

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.