Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do you really create an effective landing page?

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

Ok, with the more emphasis on the effectivness of targetted landing page in order to boost conversion arte, I would like to learn more in this area as to how to build up effective landing page? What are the neccessary planning stage and steps that you guys adopt before building the site/page up??

 

How about the analysis part??

By "landing page" do you mean the first page people will see when they come to your site? I'm not familiar with the term.

Yes that is what a landing page is when is the first page of the site that the visitor sees. What I would do is to make your landing page as creative as you can because after all money can't buy creativeness. Sometimes I have zero money to make my designs professionally but with the help of Photoshop I can be just as creative too. And also make sure that you use content to make the visitor that you target for want to buy. They want to know why should they buy your products.

Your main page should be creative and original, but it should not be overwhelming. The "look here, look there" method of drawing traffic is kind of confusing when you're gathering a first impression. Be sure that your landing page is VERY clean as well. Clean makes you look professional, and by clean I mean don't have any unevenness to it. Concentrate on presentation.

  • 2 weeks later...
Your main page should be creative and original, but it should not be overwhelming. The "look here, look there" method of drawing traffic is kind of confusing when you're gathering a first impression. Be sure that your landing page is VERY clean as well. Clean makes you look professional, and by clean I mean don't have any unevenness to it. Concentrate on presentation.

 

Exactly, I cant stand a first page that hurts my eyes or is hard to read or blares out at you. It shouldnt be too over-stated or too under-stated. Finding that perfect balance isnt easy, especially when you want it grab people's attention, setting it apart from all the other pages out there on the net. Presentation is absoulutely key to a successful site. Spend a lot of time on this and take feed back in a generous light. Also, remember to have FUN doing it! Love what you do and it will show!

I personally like pictures. Does that make me sound like I lack attention skills? I like relevant photographs that make me want to look further in, and I love to see a table of contents for easy browsing. One thing I hate, though it has nothing to do with the first page is when people don't put links to the index on every page of their site.

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.