Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MikeGC

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MikeGC

  1. Hey, I am trying to make a class of events tween it's border colour. This seems to work find in FF, but in IE8, I keep getting an error from mootools core. This is my script: $$('.slide-image').each(function(e){ e.addEvent('mouseover', function(){ e.tween('border', '2px solid #EA7600') }); e.addEvent('mouseleave', function(){ e.tween('border', '2px solid #666666') }) }); Seems pretty simple, but it just dies in IE, and I am not sure why, any ideas? Thanks!
  2. Depends, once you have made a design and sold it to a client, is it still yours or is it the clients who can do what they want with it?
  3. Nod32 is very good, if you are buying something, I would highly recommend it! http://www.eset.com/
  4. Also depends on your knowledge, if you are just starting with the language then its a good way to learn how it works to look at other peoples code and modify it for yourself.
  5. I was expecting a really bad site, but I was pleasantly surprised and even reviewed my phone for you! Good luck!
  6. You could probably distract him with a cheese burger though
  7. That's great fun
  8. I also like this site, but I think the main navigation could fit in a little better with the rest of the site, everything else on the site has subtle gradients and rounded corners, the navigation looks a little out of place with square edges and flat colour. Also, maybe decrease the space under the menu, as there is quite a bit white gap before the image panel, but its not quite the same size and the white space above it.
  9. Good work, nice use of colors there. One thing to look at that I saw is the main content on the right side doesn't always start at the same place on each page, eg on the Gallery page, the image and content is lining right up against the top of the page, but on the Home and About pages, it starts at a different position. On the contact us form, on the comments textarea I can see the background image repeating (in FF3), make the image a bit wider and that should fix that problem for you.
  10. I really like the design, it's clean and clear, and the colours work really well together. I'm not sure how readable the logo text is though, the s and b are quite hard to recognise, I had to look at the title bar to see what the name of the site was, but it does look cool though
  11. I might do something to make the logo more interesting, I'm not great at logo design as I don't do it much, but will give it a go! Looking at it zoomed out, yeah the top text is too big, takes too much focus away from the work, which is where most of the focus should be!
  12. Hey guys, Could I get some feedback on this simple portfolio site? There isn't much content to put onto yet unfortunately. It still needs a footer doing, but what do you think of the general design? Thanks Mike
  13. MikeGC replied to ReaperWD's topic in General Chat
    I usually ise SMF http://www.simplemachines.org/ It's free too
  14. MikeGC replied to Cabbage's topic in General Chat
    x64 support isn't very good generally, it's only been available for what, 4 years or more? Come on technology, keep up!
  15. MikeGC replied to Dizi's topic in General Chat
    I think i'm trying a Bloody Marry tonight, not had one before, could be ... interesting!
  16. MikeGC replied to Dizi's topic in General Chat
    Yeah, we'll pop some up for you to have a look at, need to get a flickr account first though I fancy some cocktails, anyone got any good suggestions?
  17. MikeGC replied to Dizi's topic in General Chat
    This weekend i'll be taking pictures with my other half, and trying to collect my new monitor from CCL a week early as I think they are in stock
  18. There is also a link to a hard drive: src="file:///D:DOCUME~1801826~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image003.png" Definitely an editor
  19. Unfortunately it seems people/media are more interested in Jade!
  20. MikeGC replied to MikeGC's topic in Server Management
    It's just for learning how to manage servers, possibly hosting my own things on there in the future, I would go with a more expensive one if it was anything important
  21. I find it's important to take a break and not work. By not working you come up with ideas that you wouldn't have while working, so technically when your not working, you are still working If I don't get out at the weekends for walking, running, driving and other entertainment/relaxation, my work would degrade, and take double as long. Having said that, I do wish there were more hours to learn stuff!
  22. MikeGC posted a topic in Server Management
    Has anyone used http://cheapvps.co.uk/ I've not managed a server before, but i'd like to give it a go, and for £5/month it seems pretty cheap to play around with.
  23. MikeGC replied to Cabbage's topic in General Chat
    06:15 - Alarm goes off 06:20 - alarm goes off again, I have a shower. 06:30 - get out of shower 06:35 - 07:00 : Make breakfast, prepare/pack lunch 07:10 leave flat 07:20 - 07:25 : Get 07:24 train. 07:24 - 07:58 : doze/sleep/daydream on train. 07:58 Arrive in Leeds 08:20 Arrive at work. 09:00 Start work.
  24. Works here, I think they have enabled paging on the comments now
  25. Downloading the demo now, will be cool to see what empire is like, sea battle are definatly a feature which was missing in Rome! I have however been more excited about Men of War, it's not quite on the same scale as empire, but it is very realistic, check it out if you are into WWII RTS.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.