Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jay pick

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jay pick

  1. I appreciate its your first Wordpress site but I think you need to go back to the drawing board on the design.. tbh I'm struggling to find anything good to say about it.
  2. jay pick replied to mrchristoph's topic in General Chat
    I think its good to feel that way to start with. I remember when I started my first web design job, I used to stay at work until 10pm and wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweats lol! But as you gain more experience you get better at everyday processes, handling clients and obviously your skills improve too. I wouldn't say that I'm any less stressed at times now but experience allows you to handle it better. Just ride it out mate
  3. #wrapper { overflow:hidden margin:0 auto; width:?? } Declare a width.
  4. Right mate, you need to start off with a container or wrapper div (whatever you want to call it). If you want a full width footer, then this will usually fall outside of the main div. But for arguments sake it will be contained within the main wrapper. So, for example, you will have: <div id="wrapper"> <div id="header"> </div> <div id="main_content"> </div> <div id="footer"> </div> </div> The main wrapper div is then set to margin:0 auto; so you don't then need to declare it on all of the divs within. Give it a width, add padding (if required) and set the overflow to hidden. This should solve your issue.
  5. Wow it's certainly bright.. I prefer the internal pages http://www.alonaunalina.lv/lv/preces/2 - the layout and page structure works a lot better than the homepage imo.
  6. Is your footer div contained within a main wrapper div? If so, it may need the overflow set to hidden. Maybe you can send across your link so I can have a more informed look..
  7. No problem at all
  8. Yeah decent design man. Like it. Good job
  9. As others have already pointed out, its not considered 'user friendly' to have background music playing on your site, which can be attributed to a higher bounce rate (if users are listening to their own music whilst browsing for example). On the other hand, Lee Brimelow has several videos that allow you to create a simple, XML driven flash mp3 player for your site http://gotoandlearn.com/index.php?currentpage=9
  10. It's not the most inspiring site to be honest. The build isn't great either...
  11. Don't think the design is strong enough to be honest. Your message is definitely there but the design is letting it down. I think if you tighten things up by working on your attention to detail a bit more then you should have a decent enough site. Creating an identity also helps so work on your branding too.
  12. Good job matey, clean design and very user friendly
  13. Nice little site. What software do you use for your 3D modelling?
  14. I think you've got the overall structure just about down which is good but the header is weak and the logo is awful. I'd also probably try and move away from using 'cliche' stock photos too. On the whole though not a bad start. You need to look at your attention to detail a bit more though.
  15. Sounds like a great idea. Another suggestion is: Most voted up post
  16. Nice simple site. Not sure that the twitter feed is totally necessary where it is.. surely there is more important information that needs to go here?
  17. You need to get some examples of your work on the homepage. The site doesn't say 'web design' at the moment..
  18. The design isn't bad. Prefer the blue version to the original. I think you need to increase your line height and spacing of the posts as they look quite compact at the moment. A simple logo will work way better.
  19. I like the idea of the gallery and how it works, but not sure its right for the homepage..
  20. Sketch on paper first then Photoshop (and Illustrator, if needed)
  21. Some nice elements in the design. Prefer the bottom half to the top. Not too keen on the montage at the top, looks too cluttered. Good effort though.
  22. CSS galleries are always good places to get design inspiration. It's mainly practice though and checking out what other people are creating that will help you to develop a design style that works.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.