December 2, 201015 yr Hey, please explain to me how I can make my clients lush websites however I struggle making my own site including content? Look its bland - Wixcey Web Design
December 2, 201015 yr learn how to design sites in photoshop, then learn how to code HTML/CSS. Then do PSD2HTML for your websites, then you just add content. If you dont have content, then fill it with placeholder text. Lipsum. http://www.lipsum.com/
December 2, 201015 yr CSS galleries are always good places to get design inspiration. It's mainly practice though and checking out what other people are creating that will help you to develop a design style that works.
December 2, 201015 yr Author cheers guys im completly self taught so all this helps. and always worried about making a slow loading site i heard that is u make sites in photoshop that they will become slow load etc
December 3, 201015 yr ^^it depends. if you have a pattern bg image, i would get a small part of it, so its a small file, if i had a gradient background for say, my nav, i would, get a part of the nav, that is 1px wide, and however many high. Takes time and practice buddy, but you will get there in the end. I went on the internet and found some tutorials for you: http://net.tutsplus.com/site-builds/from-psd-to-html-building-a-set-of-website-designs-step-by-step/ http://psdvibe.com/2009/04/09/coding-corporate-wordpress-style-layout/ Have fun and GL
December 3, 201015 yr Linux was made by foreign terrorists to take money from true US companies like Microsoft This is a joke, yes?
December 3, 201015 yr There is two ways: Create your layout in photoshop then slice it. I hate this way, but hey ho. Build your website up using CSS and HTML, the proper way imo. Both have thousands of results when you google them. The second part, you say websites load slow when you make them in photoshop... Well I think most websites out there have photoshop or some sort of design software implemeted into them. The trick is to when you come to save your designs, which format to save your image in, which again has loads of results on google.
December 3, 201015 yr Hey, please explain to me how I can make my clients lush websites however I struggle making my own site including content? Look its bland - Wixcey Web Design The reason is you'll always be far more critical and scared to experiment with your own stuff than with a clients! Also when a clients website is done you hand it over and it's no longer your problem but with your own you will always be tinkering and trying new things out.
December 3, 201015 yr Hey, please explain to me how I can make my clients lush websites however I struggle making my own site including content? There's no quick fix here. While I agree that learning some photoshop graphics techniques won't do you any harm, what's more important IMO is getting a good grasp of the theory behind web design, and learn what works and what doesn't. You need to get to grips with typography, colour, layout, and maybe learn about grids. In terms of content, if you're struggling with content for your own site, that's one thing, but hopefully your clients will provide you with content. This should make the design process easier as design can only really take place once content is there. Some people on this thread are saying you should make a design, then add content. Please don't do this. Get your content together, figure out how best to communicate it on the web, and design the solution. If your clients don't provide you with content, then I recommend finding a good copywriter.
December 3, 201015 yr Author There's no quick fix here. While I agree that learning some photoshop graphics techniques won't do you any harm, what's more important IMO is getting a good grasp of the theory behind web design, and learn what works and what doesn't. You need to get to grips with typography, colour, layout, and maybe learn about grids. In terms of content, if you're struggling with content for your own site, that's one thing, but hopefully your clients will provide you with content. This should make the design process easier as design can only really take place once content is there. Some people on this thread are saying you should make a design, then add content. Please don't do this. Get your content together, figure out how best to communicate it on the web, and design the solution. If your clients don't provide you with content, then I recommend finding a good copywriter. cheers mate thanks, will do this on my next design and I will let all you guys see it you have then tell me if I have understood what you have said Once again thanks
Create an account or sign in to comment