Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KCooper

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KCooper

  1. Plus just to add... I notice you are based in Bridgend, too Kyle
  2. I like it. In particular I'm a fan of your logo... simple but fits in perfectly Kyle
  3. I haven't received mine yet, though I'm sure it will make for a fun-filled evening Kyle
  4. 1 item to start... How many items is he eventually going to want to add on there? If its only ever going to be like, 10 - 15 products, you may aswell go for something simple like google checkout, or if the rest of the site will be built on Wordpress then install an ecommerce plugin. A dedicated shopping cart solution would probably be overkill. Of course, if he plans to build the product number into the hundreds, then I will retract my previous "overkill" statement Kyle
  5. Yeah I don't think theres an easy way to do this, as kingy said, get in touch with Ben, though I'd imagine it wouldn't be a quick and easy job! Kyle
  6. Your best bet is to try and secure some clients/work, while your still with your current job, to help ease you through the transition. Saving whatever money you can from your current job would no doubt be a good idea too. Its not easy, and takes a lot of work - you will no doubt be doing more than the 9-5 hours that you (probably?) do now - but the end result will be worth it if working for yourself is what you really want Kyle
  7. Welcome to the forum!! I'm pretty sure I read in a post by Ben recently that he is looking to get something like this implemented soon, though... Kyle
  8. Maybe you subconsciously knew work would become busy around now, hence the mad rush to hit 1000 posts while you had the time to do so Kyle
  9. And you've barely posted since you've hit 1000 posts Kyle
  10. Well said. Plus 1's ps, notbanksy, I believe I just gave you your 100th reputation point Kyle
  11. I followed a series of photoshop video tutorials on lynda.com called "photoshop: one one one". Theres 3 (I think) levels; beginner, intermediate and advanced, each about 6 - 7 hours long. I just did each of these over the course of a week, which gave me a solid grounding in the program, then practice, practice, practice from there! If you do a google search you could probably find a weeks free trial of lynda.com, I'd thoroughly recommend giving it a try. Kyle
  12. KCooper replied to pat24's topic in Hardware
    What sorta budget you looking at? Kyle
  13. Your age doesn't matter so much as the number of years experience that you have, and a portfolio of work that you can display. From a UK perspective, I've seen website developer jobs advertised anywhere from around 16k right up to 30k, and beyond if its for a senior position and easily more if its in a capital like London. Kyle
  14. Welcome! Kyle
  15. Theres plenty of work out there, you just have to be proactive in finding it! Kyle
  16. I have put "onpage SEO" on my CV, and in an interview I was asked "what do you consider with regards to onpage SEO?" I just mentioned the usual suspects; ' Good content ' Keyword density but specify NOT spamming ' w3c valid, well structured code ' Appropriate use of <title>, Meta description, meta keywords (though not as relevant anymore I would still not leave it out) ' Good link structure ' H1 - H6 tags used appropriately ' Use of alt tags, title attributes etc Just off the top of my head... lol Kyle
  17. Patient... and committed Its like learning any language, it takes time and practice, but eventually it will start to sink in... and when you become "fluent" you'll wonder what all the fuss was about Kyle
  18. Oh, and your missing the closing tag on the closing </html> - just a heads up! Kyle
  19. #nav { background:url("../images/menu.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; list-style-type:none; margin-left:267px; width:800px; z-index:5; } Increase the size of the 'margin-left'.
  20. KCooper replied to Tommo's topic in General Chat
    I still can't see any reason to own one, but thats just me personally. My phones more than capable for anything I need or would like to do on the move, ie, browse the net, check my emails or play a game (amongst calling and texting of course ). To each thier own though I guess.
  21. I've only ever seen junior website developer positions advertised that at least ask for some precursory knowledge of programming, usually a year of experience plus! I guess your going to want this individual to at least have a grasp of HTML, CSS and the ability to use JQuery plugins, because otherwise your looking to take on more of an apprentice than a junior website developer. It would probably be good to ask them if they have had to study towards learning any new concepts or processess recently and why (doesn't have to be web related). This is to ascertain whether they are likely to stick to learning website development technologies or are the sort of person to "give up" half way through. A reasonable grasp of mathematics (a decent grade at GCSE, for example) and a reasonable grasp of the english language would no doubt be beneficial too, though whether considered "essential" is debatable. Other than that, I can't add any more than has already been discussed... Your probably going to want to find some who is a fairly logical thinker. Kyle
  22. Get as comfortable as you can with HTML and CSS. Then start implementing some JQuery. I have spent nearly 12 months concentrating mainly on these 3 technologies (plus Photoshop), it is only now I am starting to properly branch out into PHP and MySQL. Basically, you need a solid grasp of HTML and CSS before moving on to any other website development technology. You just need to keep practising. Seriously, this time last year, I was struggling to get to grips with divs and floats. I can do them practically blindfolded now. Just keep at it and you will get there Kyle
  23. You really need to get to grips with the process involved in taking a .PSD file to a working website. Find a .PSD to HTML/CSS tutorial on the net, and follow along. Do a few if need be. This was how I first got to grips with the process. Heres one of the first I did Linky. These tutorials generally only take 2 to 3 hours to work through, and you will be in a much stronger position going forward. Kyle
  24. It fits its purpose, and generally has a nice feel to it... Nicely done I would be tempted to do something a bit different with the navigation... Its perfectly functional as it is, but it seems a shame it doesn't have the same "hand made" feel as the rest of the site, it just feels fairly standard. Nothing majorly wrong, and I like what you've done with it, I just feel if you could integrate the navigation in a bit better you'd have a really nice looking site there. Kyle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.