Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Census?

Featured Replies

Quite a lot of fuss about it at the moment!

 

I found the big envelope of joy lying on my door mat when I arrived home. Leafing through it, generally the questions don't seem as intrusive as the last one but I'm still not too sure why they need to know things like how many bedrooms are in my house, my religion, job title, if I supervise other employees and what my GCSE grades were. Can't really understand what those factors would play in the government's plan for future infrastructure.

 

Anyone else received theirs? What do you reckon about it?

Quite a lot of fuss about it at the moment!

 

I found the big envelope of joy lying on my door mat when I arrived home. Leafing through it, generally the questions don't seem as intrusive as the last one but I'm still not too sure why they need to know things like how many bedrooms are in my house, my religion, job title, if I supervise other employees and what my GCSE grades were. Can't really understand what those factors would play in the government's plan for future infrastructure.

 

Anyone else received theirs? What do you reckon about it?

 

Because the government are nosey plonks. :rolleyes:

 

bedrooms are in my house - possible total population

my religion - for the national main ethnicity of UK nationals

job title - to work out types of jobs out there, and also to see if you fit in any demographical

if I supervise other employees - are you a business owner, or have a team you lead at work

GSSE grades were - to see how well educated as a whole and also in your area compared to averages etc

 

These are my guess, could be completely wrong :p

I haven't received mine yet, though I'm sure it will make for a fun-filled evening :p

 

 

Kyle

I know they used the proportion of people who claimed to be religious last time to justify the proportion of money spent on religious-based community groups and projects vs non-religious, so be careful before you claim to be a Jedi.

I'm less worried about the questions in the form than the fact that the data collection is being outsourced to a US arms manufacturer. I think it's so that they know what weapons to sell our government should they need to quell an uprising...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.