Everything posted by dejabrew
-
Backlink tool?
Personally I prefer http://www.linkdiagnosis.com/ it's easier to sort the data!
-
Pretty urgent issue, i'm stumped!
That would do it, you don't know how much time and effort you've saved me man! Cheers!
-
Pretty urgent issue, i'm stumped!
Alright guys, I'm coding up a site for Endemol and have an IE7 issue. Every other browser is fine (even IE6). I'm hoping it's something obvious that you can help me out with! the page: hxxp://www.cginspired.com/Site/cv-edit.html As you can see the footer goes behind the container, and footer links nowhere to be seen in IE7 but is how it should be in all other browsers. I've used same code as here: hxxp://www.endemol.com/page/careers where it works fine. Excuse some of the code it will be cleaned up. Much love if anyone can help me out...
-
Center a list
#updates {background-color:#000000;background-image:url(../IMAGES/stripes.png.png);clear:both;float:left;height:200px;left:0;list-style-image:none;list-style-position:outside;list-style-type:none;margin-left:115px;padding-bottom:0;padding-top:0;width:770px;} #updates li {float:left;height:200px;list-style-type:none;margin-left:10px;padding:10px 0;} Should do it.
-
LingsCars
That is actually pretty cool.
-
I'm rubbish at code
add background-color:#00000 to your #videos div edit: paul got there first ha
-
Which Design?
Loving this version, much prefer the orange to the grey. Lookin good!
-
Took your advice and found a great site for ideas
Much better target mate!
-
I'm rubbish at code
Also Luke, you can use HTML Tidy online to auto-magically tidy it all up nicely. It's also good to comment as you go so that if you or another web designer has to make updates down the line they know what's what. Oh also use some kind of CSS basis, like a reset if you haven't already.
-
CushyCMS
Also checked surreal out, pretty swish. Spent most of the day yesterday finding what I needed and decided on Orbis CMS. Literally took me 5 minutes to set up, and it's p*** easy to customise, brand and label as your own. Also easy to upgrade and completely free.
-
What are you listening to right now?
Pearl jam freakin rule - immortality is epic, you heard vedders soundtrack for into the wild? genious
-
How long do you guys spend (on average) designing a portfolio website
6+ hours for mine, just design that is.. if you hit a brick wall with designing I suggest getting some inspiration from all the css galleries out there. I strongly suggest coding to the design, not the other way around, as your portfolio is, in essence your storefront, if it looks ****e no one's gonna want to work with you, no matter what the code looks like! But yea 6 hours or more normally for the 'look'.
-
CushyCMS
When you put it like that... If they're happy to pay £150 on top of hosting I guess it's worth it. On another note, I lived in pompey for 4 years..last year, you do any work with do1?
-
CushyCMS
PageLime is a great idea, but the monthly CMS's put me offer a little - I guess you either get your client to pay you monthly, or upsell and charge enough to cover the ongoing costs per month? A self hosted one with the same features of PageLime would be good, just found http://grabaperch.com/ anyone have any experience with perch?
-
What are you listening to right now?
Now: Hot snakes - kreative kontrol Next: RATM - guerilla radio
-
Designer Pitch site, which 1?
99designs.com? Used to be hosted on sitepoint but it's moved to it's own domain.
-
Please review my site.
The background image on the first one is REALLY distracting. Like the navigation, looks sweet.
-
Hi All!
Welcome Oli
-
CushyCMS
dam pagelime does look good, might have to give that a go on my next project!
- Count to 1 million
-
Which Design?
Was actually gonna suggest making the grey bar darker, way ahead of me ha!
-
First Glimpse: My Portfolio & Blog
Looks much better, nice one
-
Hello there.
Welcome - you read 'travelling with Che'?, crackin book!
-
Which HTML editor do you use?
Dreamweaver (little pricey and bloated) or Notepad ++ (free and simple)
-
How much do you guys charge?
I give the client the choice per hour/day or by project - £30 ph.