Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How long do you guys spend (on average) designing a portfolio website

Featured Replies

I am attempting to redesign my portfolio site but am once again hitting a recurring brick wall.

 

Being more of a coding enthusiast I tend to try and design from the code to website as opposed to going from drawing to code, the whle designing process seems a little bit boring for me but I know that it is a must.

 

How long do you guys normally spend knocking together your design for a site?

 

An average will do, as I am fully aware that the length of time will vary dependant on the project.

 

Thanks

6+ hours for mine, just design that is.. if you hit a brick wall with designing I suggest getting some inspiration from all the css galleries out there.

 

I strongly suggest coding to the design, not the other way around, as your portfolio is, in essence your storefront, if it looks ****e no one's gonna want to work with you, no matter what the code looks like! But yea 6 hours or more normally for the 'look'.

Could be any amount of time really. I spent days designing my current portfolio, constantly changing things until I was finally happy. Your portfolio is by far your strongest selling tool, so it's well worth investing the time.

 

Mines only been live for 6 months or so and I've already started planning the redesign. It doesn't take long before you see design elements on other sites that you want to incorporate into your own.

I have been doing mine for over a year.... and I'm still not there yet! :)

I have been doing mine for over a year.... and I'm still not there yet! :)

 

love your dripping paint very nice..! Poor girl sitting in it though

That's me sitting in it :)

 

The paint used to be mostly red... but it made me look like I had had an "unfortunate accident"

  • Author

That's me sitting in it :)

 

The paint used to be mostly red... but it made me look like I had had an "unfortunate accident"

 

Ha ha

 

Cheers guys

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.