Sign in to follow this  
sanpee

Developing Wordpress websites as a freelancer

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great week! I wasn't sure where to post this message, so apologies if it's in the wrong forum.

I'm in the Community team at Reedsy (www.reedsy.com). We’re a marketplace connecting authors and publishers with the best freelance professionals, and I thought some of you might be interested in offering your services as a freelancer on there :)

We have a community of 75,000 clients who're looking for services such as website design, CMS/Wordpress, SEO, email marketing and more. Their main goal is to promote their book or raise their profile as an author. We're also starting to offer resources like webinars and tips to our community of freelancers.

You can find out more about the marketplace here: https://reedsy.com/join-our-community

Hope to see some of you on Reedsy, and don't hesitate to ping me with any questions :)

Mathilde

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By RobDoyle
      I was just wondering what people here think of freelancing on Upwork in order to make some extra money. The reason I ask is while I am learning towards a junior developers job I could do with keeping the part-time job I have at the moment as it is for the evenings and free's up my days to learn. Ideally I could do with keeping this position until Christmas. The only problem is the money is poor and I may be forced into something else sooner with longer hours, which would have a negative impact. I could do with having a bit more control over my timeline.
      Does anybody have any thoughts on my approach?
      Thanks
      Rob
    • By Seth
      Hey all

https://webdesignstaging.site/firstfloorflow/

I'm trying to get Envira Album here to be square and 250x250. I'm having a devil of a time. Anyone have an idea how to get the thumb to adjust?

Thanks
    • By rookie
      I’m very curious about this topic cause the definition of web designer is different from country to country, for example some countries define a web designer as a person who knows design and programing (Javascript and php etc).

I wanna know where you are from and which language you need to be web designer like the following.

Country   :  Japan
      Language:   HTML,CSS,*JavaScript, *wordpress 

*As to JavaScript, you don’t have to know everything about it but at least how it works. 
        Plus you basically just need to know how to customize jQuery.

I really wanna know to what extent I should learn JS or php if I need to learn them as web designer in some countries.

Thanks in advance for your help ! 
    • By AblazeRich2
      Ok, so this is a slightly strange request but my clients have asked me to put in some ads that appear to the side of the drop down menu text... I have had a quick couple of searches of plug ins but can't find anything suitable for this. Any suggestions? Or what alternatives would you suggest? It's a tourist website that also sell advertising space to local businesses and vacation rentals
    • By Noob
      Hi Guys,
      Let me start by declaring that I'm just a kid trying to self teach myself wordpress, simply because I enjoy it as a hobby. This is my first ever website, so constructive criticism in easy-to-understand terms is welcome! 
      I have made a website advertising myself as a web developer. Let me remind you I'm just doing this as a hobby for friends and family - so don't expect the website to be anywhere near the standard of a professional designer!!!
      I think I have just about finished the website, however there are a couple of issues that I would like to clear up that I don't understand. 
      1. When I am on the website and switching to and from the different navigation pages it loads very quickly. However, when I haven't been on the website for a few hours and load it up by typing 'magnifiweb.co.uk' into the URL, it can take at least 5 seconds to load the home page. I have used some speed test websites like Pingdom, and it says that the wait time is mainly down to the URL 'waiting'. I have absolutely no redirects set up to slow this process down, so can't understand why only sometimes it can take this long to load. 

2. Using the same Pingdom speed test website (see attached image), there is an image called 'logooriginalwhitebg150px-150x150.jpg' I have circled this in red. This is an OLD image that I decided to remove from my Wordpress media library and and not use anymore. I navigated to the location of this image in my File Manager in Cpanel and deleted it from the folder as well - but for some reason it keeps coming back! Every time I go and check that folder in cpanel the same image has come back on it's own. Very frustrating.

Any advice on these matters is greatly appreciated!