Sign in to follow this  
ryan_zeta

Buttons in UI Design

My one point would be careful with words like 'Now' ... some people find these sorts of demands off-putting, like they're being ordered to do something rather than chose to do it.

And your comments on colour are far too simplistic. There are a number of studies that show red can be a better option for a cta button. It all depends on context, dominant colours, who you are targeting and for what.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jo 90
      We're pleased to announce the...
      2018 Design a Logo for the Web Designer Forum competition!
      Our current logo is good...but it's from 2013 and since were having a new start, we'd like to have a new one.
      Our sponsors have provided some great prizes, so without further ado, let the battle commence!
      The prizes
      Our lovely forum sponsors 20i - who provide fast UK web hosting - have provided these.
      1st Prize: £100* Amazon Voucher and a year's unlimited web hosting.
      This is reseller hosting on 20i's lightning-fast shared platform, and is truly unlimited.
      20i's reseller account can be used for Linux, Windows or WordPress sites, and includes unlimited: sites, SSD storage, bandwidth, domains, packages, MySQL databases, 10GB mailboxes, free SSLs more! This is worth up to £359.88, and could be the start of your own web hosting venture.
      And the use of your logo on our forum of course!
      2nd Prize: £20* Amazon Voucher and a year's 20i Home Hosting.
      This is for one site with an SSL certificate and includes unlimited: SSD web space, bandwidth, MySQL databases, 10GB mailboxes. This is worth £107.88.
      3rd Prize: £10* Amazon Voucher and a year's 20i Starter Hosting.
      This is for one site with an SSL certificate and includes 10GB SSD web space, 50GB/month bandwidth, 1 MySQL database, and unlimited 10GB mailboxes. This is worth 59.88.
      * or a local currency equivalent. Amazon have retail sites in: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States.
      The rules
      What do I need to provide?
      Your new Web Designer Forum (WDF) logo in .EPS, .AI, or .PSD file format. The logo must contain a graphic element - not just text! You must have created the logo entirely by yourself. The logo should follow a community/web design theme, and should be styled to suit the forum - so should look good on a dark grey background.
      The colours and hex codes we use on the site are attached. They're there as a starting point - you don't have to use them.
      When is the deadline?
      The deadline for entries is 31st January, 2018. The winner will be announced in a thread in the Design Competitions section of the forum. Who can enter? Anyone who is a member of the WDF, except those employed by our sponsors.
      How do I submit my entry?
      Please send all your entries to myself (Jo 90) via private message.
      Who decides the winner?
      A committee of forum admins, moderators and 20i representatives will decide the winner and the runners up. Prizes will be given be in the form digital vouchers via email/PM shortly following the announcement of the winners.
      The 'small print'
      When you submit a logo you are also agreeing that, should it win, WDF will own all rights to the logo. You will be credited for your work via a thread on the forum. WDF has the right to modify or use the logo anywhere we see appropriate, even before applying the logo to the forum.
      Any questions? Questions should be posted publicly in this thread, or contact me in a private message.
      Thanks for reading, and good luck to all...

• By Allan12312411
      Hello!
      I need to ask you guys a huge favour, I am doing a project at university on web design and would really appreciate it if anyone would be able to fill in my end-user evaluation of this website.
      Here is the link. 
      http://freshco.altervista.org/index.html
      Please see the attached file for the evaluation, I've tried to keep it as quick as possible 😁✌️
      Once filled in would you be able to email the document back to me.
      My email is: 1702739@rgu.ac.uk
      Thank you so much in advance for your help.
      Allan
      End user eval..docx
    • By christstuart
      Here's the link to the question:

https://christstuart.typeform.com/to/qqmVdp

• By Analytical Madness
      Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any idea which is the best completely free open-source software I could use to create my website.

I've been using a program called Open Element up until now. But it has some shortcomings including text which changes size depending on the webpage and it doesn't have a built in search engine.

The type of software I'm looking for must be drag-and-drop since I only know a little bit of coding. It must also allow me to use a search engine, preferably through something built in, and it must have a good way to change how it displays pages on mobile. Finally, I'm looking for something more like Wix than Wordpress. So something where I have relative freedom to change the themes, increase the size of images, change the layout, move things around freely, etc. as I wish.

It must also allow for good SEO.

Note that I don't need a url or webhosting, since I already use GoDaddy for that purpose, but only need the design software.