Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need Help with Domain (123-reg)

Featured Replies

Hello everyone,

 

My mailbox has been suspended, I do send large files MP3 voice recordings out. They first mentioned the limit then changed it to the following below.

 

From 123-Reg:

 

"We have emailed to you about the mailbox quota exceeded. It seems that you have created your email address on December 2011 when you purchased a Linux Hosting package.
However this was cancelled on December 2012 so the email address should have been deleted then as the free email quota was also cancelled along with the hosting package."

 

I already pay for a domain once every year. I did have hosting but changed it on the date above, why has it taken them this long!

 

David,

 

We've had problems with 123-reg, a few clients struggling with them that is, and your story is familiar.

 

Get yourself a proper email hosting account (they aren't expensive) for your domain and migrate away.

Hi there, 123-reg currently are not enforcing email quota with regards to the storage space held within a mailbox.

 

Recently we have found at 123-reg some mailboxes that have been given to customers free of charge for up to several years.

 

Rather than charging customers for the free period that they have had, we have wiped the historical backlog and reset the accounts moving forward. Customers were sent a warning notice in advance that the email quota (number of email addresses paid for compared to in use) for accounts is now in arrears, where the options are to pay for the mailboxes wanted or to delete unused mailboxes.

 

If your email problem is not relating to the above, then please feel free to drop me an email directly (richard.winslow@123-reg.co.uk) and I will look at your case directly.

 

I have worked very hard with 123-reg over the past few years to increase the levels of service that we offer our customers, as well as to improve the business processes in place.

 

An example of this is that we have not back charged customers for the time they received the service for free, more so sent a warning first with options to action for the future.

 

I am also monitoring, along with my colleagues in our service teams, forums like this to help understand any issues which we can influence and fix.

 

All feedback is highly appreciated, so please feel free to pass on anything to me, whether relating to this thread or anything else with 123-reg.

 

Thank you, Richard.

  • Author

Hi Richard,

 

It was not explained to me clearly before, but I did contact 123-Reg by phone. I was told it was because I had bought the domain with a hosting package that I do not have any longer. I was not too happy about paying £14 to have it fix, but it is now fixed.

 

Thank you Richard for responding to my original post,

 

David

I am also monitoring, along with my colleagues in our service teams, forums like this to help understand any issues which we can influence and fix.

 

That's good to hear, I appreciate the bigger the company the slower it is to manoeuvre - but making an effort listening to the little folk out in the wild can only be a good thing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.