Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regular Expressions with HTML5

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

My latest pet project is to catch up on the subject of regular expressions but in a HTML5 context. I know that the pattern attribute for HTML5 uses Javascript Regex expressions but I've often found myself mystified by patterns i've tried to make that just don't work.

 

I made a page on my website in which I put various expressions together for me to test which is helping me to learn how they work.

 

I'm in the middle of writing a blog post that gives examples of expressions and search for them as well as something that explains what all the characters mean. I don't think there's a lot of support in the all the numerous searches i've done on the web.

 

For example.

 

I'm trying to find a regular expression to search for text input that contains a certain string of text. e.g. Dog in the dog chased his tail but I can't for the life of me figure out an expression or search for one online.

 

Does anyone have the holy grail for that? :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.