March 19, 201313 yr hey my nam is john i make customized jerseys where people can write their name on them and we print it. is there anyway to correlate text boxes to float text over a picture of one of my shirts? Generally only write php stuff for inventory etc, so can someone please give me a clue where to start with this? I imagine that I could i use layers somehow? i dont have much experience with ccs or dreamweaver but i learn quick so just a hint?? thanks guys if you help me figure this out ill give you one of our pet jerseys! johnie
March 19, 201313 yr CSS isn't really geared up for this, you can place text over an image however it would be difficult to save and use that image later on. PHP has quite extensive image manipulation library, here's a tutorial and a demo which seems close to what your looking for.
March 19, 201313 yr Hi John.Do you have an example of what you're trying to achieve so I can get a better idea?
March 19, 201313 yr Author Check out this competitiors website they are doing what I want to do already.. http://www.urbanpup.com/design.html?PT_ID=73&P_ID=1060 But I want take it a step further and incorporate my jerseys with outlined numbers and multiple colors (check my site here: custompetjerseys.com) This way customers have an idea what their jersey will look like before we print it! I'm eventually trying to create an app too! Thanks for all the help guy's!
March 19, 201313 yr Not that this is a solution, but they are creating temporary images on their server to serve up. This might be done with PHP, might be with another language. I believe PHP's Imagick could do the job...but I'm not sure on performance. For different outlines, etc., things start to get extremely complicated unless you create your own fonts and use Imagick::setFont() Edit: Example temporary image (link will die soon, I presume) http://www.urbanpup.com/slogans/temp/high/ublacktswhite.jpg Edited March 19, 201313 yr by andy9l
March 19, 201313 yr Author That's okay I have a font making program that makes my jerseys so that should be do able. Thanks l will check that image ick out
March 20, 201313 yr Well, the method I suggested will work... HTML form as input Grab inputs using $_POST in PHP Handle the selecting of certain fonts (switch statement, or 'if's) Use Imagick to add the font to the relevant stock image file, and store this new temporary file in a /temp folder (timestamp if you want) Return this new location to the page upon loading, and use it in the HTML (as the product image) Add some jQuery plugin that handles the zoom on hover Edited March 20, 201313 yr by andy9l
March 20, 201313 yr Author im not going to lie im completely new to php and dreamweaver. so i may need a little more detailed instructions haha how can i upload my own font or lettering? should i make a database of jpg with each letter and # with and without outlines and the other variations i need. im sory im so stupid
March 20, 201313 yr Andy has described the process well, I think a beginner will struggle to put this together if im being honest. I would consider hiring a developer to do this for you, it's likely to save you a lot of time. These forums are really designed to offer help and guidance, many members will be reluctant to produce the code for you because it's potentially time consuming.
March 20, 201313 yr Agreed, you're going to want to hire someone for this. If I get time later I may write up a script that should deal with some of it, but only because I'm interested in understanding it fully myself. Again, I stress that you should hire someone for this - and no, I'm not trying to sell myself...I am not currently available for work!
March 20, 201313 yr and no, I'm not trying to sell myself...I am not currently available for work! Likewise. I'm not sure if the jobs section on here would be a good starting point, I rarely look at it so I don't know how it works.
March 20, 201313 yr Author thanks for your honesty. i appreciate any further help you can give me in your free time.
Create an account or sign in to comment