November 6, 201213 yr Thank you for taking time for reading this. OK, i made my own website the other week and now by word of mouth i have 4 requests. I cannot code to save my life, i used Wix for mine and have now switched to Cubender. My question is how should i buy and host domains for customers i:e would i use my bank details and logins or the customers, and if they were to host somewhere else would i give them the login details or what? Also, because i use a web design and hosting company in one, how would i charge? The websites charge a monthly fee for services. and lastly, if my customers want to use a professional SEO company, would i have to give them the login details for the site. Any help or insight would be grateful. Many thanks, Josh
November 6, 201213 yr wait a minute - so you designed a site using wix (which has a bad reputation for naff sites) and people who have liked it want you to do them a site (them not knowing about the process in which you got yours) and suddenly 4 people want you to do them a site and you really have no idea where to even begin?
November 7, 201213 yr I gave a friend advice the other day, just simple stuff about how to manage his bruised leg, Deep Heat and keep it elevated. Yeah so anyway, the word got out I'm a doctor and now I've had a gaggle of people knocking at my door wanting medical advice. I'm not actually a doctor, I don't know medicine to save my life, let alone anyone else's, but that doesn't matter so let's ignore all that. How do I run a GP clinic from my living room? Thanks.
November 7, 201213 yr I changed a wheel on my car, how can I setup my own mechanics business? From what I understand, simply by creating your site for computer repairs using a wizard, some people have said "Nice site" and now you want to start 'doing websites' as well? You will have to learn a lot before you consider it, because you cliens will probably depend on your knowledge. You should be educated in the fundamentals of design, proper development techniques (HTML, CSS etc.) and before suggesting that someon should use a costly SEO company, perhaps if you did some research you might be able to suggest some cheaper/free alternatives or at least be able to offer advice that is relevant to your client. I have not used or looked into wix, but from what you say i sounds like another one of those 'build your own site online for a monthly fee' or WYSIWYG. If this is the case, could they not just do it themselves? I'm sure it's very easy. It will be very difficult to charge a fee for this, but if they require some help, maybe you should setup the account using your clients bank details and charge a 'configuration fee' then hand back control when you have finished.
November 7, 201213 yr If you're going to charge money to do something you should be capable of doing it to a professional standard. The three prerequisites for running a web design company are: know how to do the job, know how the design industry works and know how to run a company. /thread Edited November 7, 201213 yr by Renaissance-Design
November 7, 201213 yr My only thoughts are if you are going to offer DIFY website design using DIY tools, there are better companies than Wix. Even then, easier said than done, trust me.
November 7, 201213 yr if you want to run your own web design company, you have to make sure that you are really knowledgeable about web development works.
November 7, 201213 yr if you want to run your own web design company, you have to make sure that you are really knowledgeable about web development works. And you need good hair.
November 9, 201213 yr It does appear that Indian members require some assistance with their geography, perhaps they don't teach it over there or in fact perhaps we have it wrong and American States are actually in Pakistan? This forum needs to identify IPs via country and displays a nice little 'advisory' flag next to the user's name. An antiBS mechanism, if you will.
November 9, 201213 yr I played operation as a kid, so if you want to pop over to my place I can do a full brain transplant with a real designer for you; as I'm a fully qualified brain surgeon, and then you make websites for your "customers"
November 10, 201213 yr You want to run your own web designing company then if you hire good exprienced designer then i surely for that your company will be gain and get many project of designer.
November 12, 201213 yr I gave a friend advice the other day, just simple stuff about how to manage his bruised leg, Deep Heat and keep it elevated. Yeah so anyway, the word got out I'm a doctor and now I've had a gaggle of people knocking at my door wanting medical advice. I'm not actually a doctor, I don't know medicine to save my life, let alone anyone else's, but that doesn't matter so let's ignore all that. How do I run a GP clinic from my living room? Thanks.
November 12, 201213 yr It does appear that Indian members require some assistance with their geography, perhaps they don't teach it over there or in fact perhaps we have it wrong and American States are actually in Pakistan? This forum needs to identify IPs via country and displays a nice little 'advisory' flag next to the user's name. An antiBS mechanism, if you will. Can someone explain why I keep coming across messages from people (usually mods) making comments about Indian forum members. Is there a particular reason for it or are you racist?
November 12, 201213 yr indian members are well known for bull****, rip offs and steal sites and re-sell them, not racist, fact a little harsh to say all indian web developers or designers are like that, there are some good indian members on forrst and dribbble. Edited November 12, 201213 yr by JoshUK
November 12, 201213 yr Can someone explain why I keep coming across messages from people (usually mods) making comments about Indian forum members. Is there a particular reason for it or are you racist? Pretty simple really, 99% of all scammers, spammers and nonsense posts on this forum are due to Indian members. If all this crap was posted by right handed, one legged fish called Dave then that's what we'd take the mick out of. Unfortunately at the moment it's Indians. P.S. Mods have access to members IP addresses so we know for certain the country of origin.
November 12, 201213 yr indian members are well known for bull****, rip offs and steal sites and re-sell them, not racist, fact a little harsh to say all indian web developers or designers are like that, there are some good indian members on forrst and dribbble. Or this
November 12, 201213 yr Can someone explain why I keep coming across messages from people (usually mods) making comments about Indian forum members. Is there a particular reason for it or are you racist? Nothing to do with racism, it's all about quality of work or should I say the lack of!
November 12, 201213 yr Can someone explain why I keep coming across messages from people (usually mods) making comments about Indian forum members. Is there a particular reason for it or are you racist? I've got no problem with Indians who say "Hi, I'm Amit from Kolkata and I'm here to hang out with you guys". Unfortunately a good 90+ % of users who sign up from Indian IPs are clueless SEOs who spam on their first or second post. The slightly smarter/sneakier ones do something like this: if you want to run your own web design company, you have to make sure that you are really knowledgeable about web development works. They sign up with a made-up Western name and pic, lie about their location, make really low-value posts that don't contribute anything remotely meaningful to the discussion. Sooner or later links will creep into the posts, and we have to reach for the banhammer. The really annoying thing is that the fake-Western accounts are obviously created by idiots who've been here before and think they were banned for being Indian, when really they were banned for being spammy f***tards. I personally don't care where someone's from as long as they contribute to the community.
Create an account or sign in to comment