September 7, 201214 yr Welcome to 1995. The world is just catching on to this thing called "the super information highway" - or as we now refer it - the internet...fast forward just over a decade later and we still have this (NSFW) slightly! Seriously, that designer should be charged for crimes against humanity! The article that I got the link from can be found here. Its one thing to be a bad designer, but when your design makes it on that site, you really should consider the dole. Edited September 7, 201214 yr by jamesosix
September 7, 201214 yr Author ...what was it? One of your sites? haha (j/k of course!) Edited September 7, 201214 yr by jamesosix
October 8, 201214 yr i laugh so hard when i read the full articles mention tht it has a "mad blue background"
October 8, 201214 yr This website is not from 2011... found this on the source: if (navigator.appVersion==\'Netscape\')
October 9, 201214 yr One website I keep visiting for a chuckle is one I found for a local fabric shop. http://www.fabricland.co.uk/ Seriously, this thing looks like it was ripped right out of the ninties. It's got it all. Garish colour scheme, horrible frames, animated gifs, bold text hyperlinks. It's a massive eyesore.
October 9, 201214 yr I had to design a "bad" website like the first one for a presentation thing a few years ago, I found it surprisingly hard to do!
October 9, 201214 yr There is something I like in there... Yea, maybe I'm being a typical guy, but I actually like the first website
October 9, 201214 yr One website I keep visiting for a chuckle is one I found for a local fabric shop. http://www.fabricland.co.uk/ Seriously, this thing looks like it was ripped right out of the ninties. It's got it all. Garish colour scheme, horrible frames, animated gifs, bold text hyperlinks. It's a massive eyesore. I was not prepared for the amount of yellow on that page it almost blinded me for a few minutes.
October 9, 201214 yr Author Some brilliant "how not to design a website" examples in this thread. Maybe we should change the thread title?
October 16, 201213 yr Just look at almost any French website. Here is a typical "modern" example (turn your sound down). And a typical government website: facilfamilles that we're actually supposed to use. Then again, its sort of the reason I got into web design.
October 16, 201213 yr The first example; I can appreciate those kinds of sites and interactive campaign sites work for their purpose when they are done right. I think that one hasn't been done right though. There are some horrors in there though >.<
October 16, 201213 yr I like looking at those sites and am happy they're still around. Shows how much things have progressed... I also for some strange reason find them extremely cosy :tv (2): Edited October 16, 201213 yr by zeedurrani
October 16, 201213 yr my first site i made had starfield background (a huge .bmp file) , flaming text (thanks to a java applet), scrolling text using the <marquee> tag and sound (a .wav file playing in the background) and was a big old frameset.
October 16, 201213 yr Here's a nice one I found recently created by an artist http://www.artiesart.org.uk/
October 17, 201213 yr Here's a nice one I found recently created by an artist http://www.artiesart.org.uk/ Thats a shame, with a little polishing (getting rid of the frameset for one) this could be quite nice. I like the cyberpunky image on the left.
October 17, 201213 yr Author Mods can we have a title change pls. Something like "How not to design a website" or "website wall of shame" or something. Thanks <3
October 19, 201213 yr wow this thread is like a prospective gold mine for a freelancer - quick call these people up and offer to design them a new website, and if they ask why, "well mr customer you website has made it onto a worst websites forum page!" on a personal note I think the yellow background website broke my monitor and detahced my retinas. Yak out! Edited October 19, 201213 yr by Renaissance-Design Irrelevant link removed
October 20, 201213 yr That yellow one is incredible. Tell you what I haven't seen for a long time. A frameset with scrollbars on each frame. I might have to make one just to see if I can get on the list!
October 20, 201213 yr I felt a bit funny about posting this at first but I've just got to share it with you. Not just a site but a website design company? http://www.meadowcroftconsultants.co.uk/index.htm
October 22, 201213 yr Mods can we have a title change pls. Something like "How not to design a website" or "website wall of shame" or something. Thanks <3 Only just spotted this. Now changed.
October 22, 201213 yr I literally would not know how to make a website like one of these examples. I've all but forgotten how to use tables for anything other than displaying tabular data, and those gifs look advanced :/ Edited October 22, 201213 yr by Lewwy
October 22, 201213 yr I've all but forgotten how to use tables for anything other than displaying tabular data... Oh god how i wish i had. However, HTML emails and all that...
October 22, 201213 yr Oh god how i wish i had. However, HTML emails and all that... Wait. No, you're right. I can still do it.
October 22, 201213 yr Wait. No, you're right. I can still do it. Still being able to do it and still having to do it are different things haha
October 23, 201213 yr Ladies and gentle man have trimmed and pruned and shaped and shaved all body hair area for ages, but this is where the naturist comes into his/ her own. Once you start to shave it seems you can't stop! be careful, before you know where you are you may have turned into a smoothie! Hahaha. Oh dear.
Create an account or sign in to comment