Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Review my new webite

Featured Replies

Hello guys,

 

I've had a new website developed for my business and would like your opinion on it and maybe any suggestions on how i can improve it. Just to note, i didn't develop the site myself, it was done by a professional company. The website is: www.SKestateagents.co.uk

I really like it, I like the colours and the use of space. I couldn't complete a search so I can't make any comments on what the results look like, but I'm a big fan of the About Page, perhaps even more so than the Home Page.

 

Good job, and good luck!

Not bad.

I've only had the oppertunity to look at it on an iPad though where the offset magnifying glass leaves a massive black border down the right hand side.

 

The thing that lets the site don is the copywriting.

There's only so many times I can read the words 'estate agent' and 'Sheffield' on one site. Write for humans not robots.

Looks nice, not sure about the stock vectors through.

 

Like Mike said: you create content and then place the terms in after where they fit, at the moment its close to being keyword crammed. aim for 6%.

Design's quite polished, but the copy is really nasty and spammy - instant turn-off. You need a good copywriter; try this fella.

 

Edit: moved to Reviews.

Edited by Renaissance-Design

  • 1 month later...

Aside from the issues with the copy, the text with "sales, lettings,map search" and the purple links below are a bit pixelated. get your guy to add this to the css (a trick i learned from this forum this week!):

html, html a {
    -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.05);
    text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;
}

Hi,

 

Yea..the color combination is really good but i think the text down the header under the boxes may be enriched & may have a small increase in front size to match the rest.

 

Thanks,

Decent design. I would advise you to highlight somehow current menu item - for better usability.

I appreciate that WDF... has moderators

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.