Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

looking for workout advice

Featured Replies

I´m looking for specific workouts for mine hobby horseriding[dressage]

Mine horse get's lately kinda out of control and I guess it's because I'm not fit enough to keep up with mine horse compared to a year ago when I went to the gym.

 

Currently I got a full-time job as a kitchen employee and mine hobby, and study in webprogramming so there isn't enough time for the gym seeing the distance of the closest one is 20 km away (I don't got a car).

 

Anyway, I'm looking for workouts specially for mine legs, maby the pelvis muscles if possible and stamina.

I'm already cycling around 25-30 km per hour on a race/normal bike combo.

 

I hope maby some'one know some good coordination training as well?

 

thanks in advance.

Edited by kensha

Got any off road surface near you? A bit of mountain biking will do wonders for your legs, more than road cycling by quite a bit.

 

Frankly though the actual dressage should be more than adequate exercise for your legs as my girl friend used to do it and her legs have gone downhill since she stopped ;)

  • Author

So far I know there isn`t an offroad any nearby there is a long road that stretch out without stoplights but for offroad, I don`t know any.

 

Anyway, mine horse isn`t quite for beginners so the helps I need to provide to mine horse needs to reach it, but I notice mine condition to mine leg isn`t been well to that. Thaugh mine stamina is but not the strength.

Squats are the king of leg exercises! Pretty difficult if you don't have a barbell and squat rack though. Maybe you can try prison squats, pistol squats or burpees? If you have a sandbag or old car tyre you can try sandbag thrusters. I guess you'd also need to do calf raises for horse riding, again difficult without weights but you can do them on 1 foot. You'd probably need to work adductor's and hips too... check http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html I love that site.

prison squats

 

I assume these involve reaching for a bar of soap without bending over?

Nice site Jock, i've been looking to sort myself out before i plan to cycle round the country so i'll be bookmarking this.

 

I assume these involve reaching for a bar of soap without bending over?

 

Damn beat me to it!

can't wait for the sex change. and it's MY shower!

eat spinach :)

Wow! Another one kind of squats exercises?

all that cycling should give you plenty strong enough legs the problem is it will build up the wrong muscles for leg yielding your horse.

  • Author

I curently use the link from j05hr and I have done some of the workouts on that website, and it goes nicely.

 

Anyway, I have also done some groundwork with mine horse and tomorow I will be back on mine sadle and I´ll see how she then reacts.

Edited by kensha

I would have initially suggested the White Woman Workout but seeing that you're a male, you might need to take a different route. I live in a "hilly" area so for me jogging is the best solution. Jogging/running on different terrains does help you develop and gain control of stamina. If you do not live in a hilly terrain, there are few treadmills that can simulate it. This can also be good to do with bicycles. In addition to that, I do some

. Military jogs are also a good exercise. You do this by placing some heavy objects in your backpack (about 30-50 pounds) or weight belts and run around your neighborhood a few times. Each day you increase the distance a lap or two.
  • Author

@Sazzad, would this get me into the militairy if I do that on mine own?

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.