Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What version of Photoshop is best for web design?

Featured Replies

All versions are good. Personally I'm on CS4. I had CS3 and liked it a little better.

I am using Cs3 at the moment, I haven't seen any great need to upgrade as it does exactly what I need

Like what has been said, they are all good. Personally if you are going to spend the money you should go for CS4 because you could grab a good bargain since CS5 is out. CS5 doesn't have much more functionality than CS4.

CS4 and CS5.

 

I have CS4 on laptop and CS5 on Desktop

 

They are both good, CS5 has a few new features which are pretty cool!

Dreamweaver :pp

 

Well I'll say what I always say Photoshop is over used. I love it but for photo-shopping.

 

Web design for me happens in the browser.

  • 4 weeks later...

I would always say that if you are using Adobe Dreamweaver as your web editor use the same version/cs package as the version of dreamweaver e.g. dreamweaver CS4 and PhotoShop CS4, as sometimes colour matches, shapes etc dont exactly match up with previous or foward versions. I found this out after using PhotoShop CS3 with Dreamweaver CS4!

 

but as features go CS3 upwards and i'd say CS3 is easiest to use. but its up to you :good:

I dont get why people say CS3 is better... CS5 is exactly the same, it looks smarter and gives you more features

I do a lot of print design as well as web design and use InDesign for most of this. It's much quicker to create various layout options and you can easily update content and not have to worry about so many layers as you do in photoshop. As WBC said:

 

Well I'll say what I always say Photoshop is over used. I love it but for photo-shopping.

 

And I use illustrator for graphics that go into my designs.

 

I know a lot of designers use Photoshop for designing, but why, what are the advantages?conven

  • 2 weeks later...

earlier i used cs3 but these days i m using cs5 , so far i can say you can do more in cs5 and you can go in deep ;) i hope you understand what i m trying to say

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.