September 28, 201016 yr Hi guys, Im also a webdesigner but looking to see your opinion on prices for websites, Whats the minimum your prepared to accept to design a 3 - 5 page website (HTML) (Excluding Domain and Hosting) Regards Shaun
September 28, 201016 yr Lot's of variables here Shaun. How much communication will happen in regards to the design. How much planning has to be carried out before starting. How much quality do you bring to the table. How much experience do you bring to the table. How much pressure do you have to deal with. If you have not considered any of these, I guess you are just starting out. So work for a fee you see fair. I was charging minimum wage when I first started per hour. It would take me about a day or two for one design. So you were talking 70 - 80 quid per design. Then if you code that, same price again roughly. Over time you gain more experience, get better at what you do and will gradually, hopefully become in demand.
September 28, 201016 yr £12,000 N'ah, just kidding. It all depends. +1 for AGRC, there are so many variables on the table. But as standard, I would usually ask for the client to fill in a brief sheet and then from there, I would decide a rough timescale for the site and then that would lead me to an accurate quote
September 28, 201016 yr £12,000 N'ah, just kidding. It all depends. +1 for AGRC, there are so many variables on the table. But as standard, I would usually ask for the client to fill in a brief sheet and then from there, I would decide a rough timescale for the site and then that would lead me to an accurate quote Why thank you Terydinho, +1 to you for simply be an awesome chap full of useful and friendly advice.
September 29, 201016 yr is that the going rate in China? if so, got any people that need sites doing?
September 30, 201016 yr We quote $50 USD per Page. can i see an example of what i'd get for $50 per page?
September 30, 201016 yr Most basic (like http://www.zdncomputers.com/webdev/InternetMarketing/ ) 1- page price would be £115-130 (with design,coding).
September 30, 201016 yr Talking in extremely general terms and assuming a static three page site based on a single consultation with no design changes after the first submission, the "minimum [i'd] accept" would be around two hundred pounds. If the design and implementation themselves are simple, then the controlling factors are how much existing visual material there is to work with in terms of branding and palette, and how much time I can give to the project. Hope that's informative.
October 9, 201016 yr can i see an example of what i'd get for $50 per page? like this site www.elite-bm.com
October 9, 201016 yr http://www.frnz.de/ Lmfao. So true. I'm still starting out and still in college so what I get payed isn't really a massive deal to me. Personally I'd say about £100 - £200 for a simple 3 page design. However if you have a fair bit of experience then you can probably make more. Look around at local web design firms and see what they charge for what kind of site.
October 9, 201016 yr As many others have said, there are several variables to take in to consideration. If you're just starting out then i'd base my prices on how long you think the project would take and work it out as an hourly rate. If you're not sure how long it would take (like the client wants extras such as eCommerce, CMS etc) then give a price that you would be happy aiming for. Be honest with yourself and don't greatly undercharge just to get the work. There's nothing worse than hating on a project because you didn't give yourself enough to live off of! It's a grey area but after time you will know what you feel comfortable charging and what you feel your work is worth. Good luck
October 9, 201015 yr that frnz site hurt my eyes..... if someone made a site like that for me id expect them to pay me $50 per page
Create an account or sign in to comment