Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feedback on my Logo

Which Logo is best? 9 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Logo is best?

    • 1
      14%
      1
    • 2
      14%
      1
    • 3
      0%
      0
    • 4
      28%
      2
    • 5
      28%
      2
    • 6
      0%
      0
    • 7
      14%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Hey Guys and Girls,

 

Please can you check out my attached logo and provide me with some feedback. :)

 

logo-1.jpg

 

Thanks in advance.

The font is 'alright'. The stroke has to go. I also nix the dropshadow. A logo shouldn't have to rely on effects. I would play around a little more with the bomb graphic, seems a little cartoony and not really professional. Unless thats the look you wanted to go for.

Looks a bit cartoony. Depending on who you market your services to, the logo may turn them off.

As your text is quite long, it would be good to have an image, or shortform. Eg. the bomb., but did you draw the bomb or is it clipart/stock. If the latter, it is not really a good choice for a logo which needs to be unique.

Also a logo should work in black and white, and still look good. Test your logo out.

 

I agree with cib, drop shadows will go out of fashion, a good logo will not rely on it. Think of nike, addidas, coca cola. All timeless logos, but dont require drop shadows.

I agree with adding a little drop shadow just for some oomph. Also, the blue stroke around the black 'bomb' text looks awful; I'd just ditch the stroke altogether, or make it all black.

 

Apart from that, very nice little logo! I like it.

  • Author

As your text is quite long, it would be good to have an image, or shortform. Eg. the bomb., but did you draw the bomb or is it clipart/stock. If the latter, it is not really a good choice for a logo which needs to be unique.

 

I made the Bomb from scratch in illustrator.

 

I will give the black and white a go and post a few more differnet versions on here soon.

 

Thanks everyone for giving feedback. :)

What I would changed:

 

  1. I'd try to choice other font
  2. I'd removed all strokes
  3. I'd changed shape of highlight from wedge to circle
  4. and I'd slightly disordered angle and position of Bomb letters

 

bomb.jpg

  • Author

Hey Guys thanks for all the feedback. I have made a few more of the logos. Hope this is clear enough image.

 

If you can give some more feedback and use the poll to choose the one you like best. Thank you :)

 

Logos-Overview.jpg

Prefer 5, have you tried making the sparks blue as well. How does that look?

Number 4 would look really good, if on the bomb, you had the curved white part, instead of the circle. All the other designs look really good though. well done on making the bomb :)

I still feel as if you are trying to force this logo to look good. Drop all effects (drop shadows, strokes, and yes even the color" work on the form of the logo instead of something to make it "oomph" To me none of your proposed logos do it for me. Doesn't seems as there is much thought in the placement of the letters, just kinda random alignments of letters because they have an ascender or descender.

 

Try different fonts as well. This one looks like a crappy freebie.

it doesnt look like a logo. it just looks like a font with a bomb instead of the 'o'. perhaps the font your using is wrong as its all just to bland looking. have a look here: http://logopond.com/ and see if yo can get some inspiration.

i just choose some randoms colours and did this mock up very quick but ya can see how it works better when you build up the font and structure a bit more....

 

have a look at the skype logo, its got so much different subtle effects that work great.

http://www.yournameontheweb.com/images/skype_logo_.png

all the inner drop shadows and slight glow around each layer extra. its quality! subtlty is the key to it though. you need to know how to put slight effects on layers that dont stand out too much. again, my example is very very rough but you can see that if u resort back to getting the structure right then move forward to picking a suitable font, the the colours the the effect. you seem to be trying to hit them all at the same time without being happy with any of them....

try this:

1) find a structure your happy with. hve a look at logopond to see how others strucutre longer named logos.

2) find a solid font. something that you think portrays what your company is trying to get across, ex. if your a funky designer, try use a nice fun font. use the kerning to help tighten the words if needed.

3) find a nice colour scheme. again look at logopond to see how they use background colours and foreground colours to create nice contrasts.

4) work on the effects of the layers to enahnce the overall final logo. again have a look at logopond (or just type logo inspiration into google, ya'll find plenty of usual sites), the skype logo is a great example of how subtle effects really enahance the finished article.

  • Author

i just choose some randoms colours and did this mock up very quick but ya can see how it works better when you build up the font and structure a bit more....

 

have a look at the skype logo, its got so much different subtle effects that work great.

http://www.yournameo...skype_logo_.png

all the inner drop shadows and slight glow around each layer extra. its quality! subtlty is the key to it though. you need to know how to put slight effects on layers that dont stand out too much. again, my example is very very rough but you can see that if u resort back to getting the structure right then move forward to picking a suitable font, the the colours the the effect. you seem to be trying to hit them all at the same time without being happy with any of them....

try this:

1) find a structure your happy with. hve a look at logopond to see how others strucutre longer named logos.

2) find a solid font. something that you think portrays what your company is trying to get across, ex. if your a funky designer, try use a nice fun font. use the kerning to help tighten the words if needed.

3) find a nice colour scheme. again look at logopond to see how they use background colours and foreground colours to create nice contrasts.

4) work on the effects of the layers to enahnce the overall final logo. again have a look at logopond (or just type logo inspiration into google, ya'll find plenty of usual sites), the skype logo is a great example of how subtle effects really enahance the finished article.

 

Thanks for that. I will do some more mock ups and post them soon. :)

  • Author

Hey Got a few new Logo Mock Ups, Hope You like :)

 

All Feedback and ideas welcome.

 

post-21563-085066200 1282072445_thumb.jpg

 

post-21563-000109400 1282072484_thumb.png Some are older. Just though i would put all.

 

post-21563-053502400 1282072525_thumb.png

 

post-21563-096767400 1282072546_thumb.jpg

 

:)

 

Will add some newer soon!

Still think Number 4 would look really good, if on the bomb, you had the curved white part, instead of the circle.

This reminds me of a tutorial from web designer mag (?). I'll see if i can find the tut, it was like 3/4 years ago :B

 

I remember a cherry bomb, that's all :p

 

I'll see if i can find which issue it was...

I think they look too cartooney. I don't know if thats the look your going for. It also depends on the clients you want to attract. Some may like the cartoon style, but others will be turned off. I think it would be better going for something more professional.

ok hopefully this might help....a few vectors of bombs (click Free Download 1 to get them):

http://www.fordesigner.com/maps//9048-0.htm

http://www.youtoart.com/html/Vector/Other/1681.html

http://www.fordesigner.com/maps//7516-0.htm

http://www.iconfinder.com/search/?q=bomb

 

 

fonts:

http://www.dafont.com/top.php?nb_ppp_old=10&page=1&top=1&text=Drop+Bomb+Design&nb_ppp=10&psize=m&classt=alpha

 

 

i personally would steer very clear of puttin the bomb symbol instead of the 'o'. its waaaay too obvious and easy....get a good strong font with a nice structure and maybe put a nicely stlyed original (not too obvious like the ones i've attached above) bomb as the symbol sitting on top of it or to the side...

 

 

 

some examples:

http://logopond.com/thumbs/tn_545dde99940be3192c1cb4ddb164d306.png

http://logopond.com/logos/e843d114e4a474201c342e0e516e46ff.png

http://logopond.com/logos/9264c135bd817a16703b51e4cb61a5d0.png

http://logopond.com/logos/6061770b7c7be5fbd9a75faddaf49bf0.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lauYyejn2EM/SwSSh97gMnI/AAAAAAAADF4/sjYLovtVCq0/s400/badge+bomb+logo.jpg

Quit quit quit trying to create it from scratch in your graphics program.

 

Start by sketching up as many designs on paper. Then work from there.

BOOM!

 

Although the logo looks okay, what does it look like without any effects. When designing a logo, its important to design it so it looks memorable in a single colour.

Start with a plain logo that looks good, then add effects to it

i'd say this will only ever be used as an online logo, 2 tone logo's are only used for when the logo will be on letters and stamps etc, i'd say this logo will be put in the corner of a website and thats it.

 

anyways, drop the effects on the logo above and the structure is safe, the font is strong and in 2 tone it would probably work good with a bomb similar to what was used in the first place...

 

 

SHACKALACK!

What about client invoices etc. Even if you email it, save the client ink by using a single colour

  • Author

Hey Guys thanks for the continued tips and advice. Will upload some more hopefully soon. Its for my brand name that im trying to make and develop :)

 

dropbombdesign.co.uk

What about client invoices etc. Even if you email it, save the client ink by using a single colour

 

 

save the client ink? if ur client is that tight your probably getting paid pennys for the work haha

  • 1 month later...

be careful on that look. A quick google and http://www.dropthebomb.co.uk/

 

Does the client want the bomb like that? It doesn't suggest 'drop' to me. How about a mushroom cloud? or go full cartoon mode with something like http://www.chumpysclipart.com/images/illustrations/xsmall2/3753_picture_of_a_black_man_holding_a_bomb_with_a_burning_fuse.jpg which could take the edge off any political correctness?

  • Author

be careful on that look. A quick google and http://www.dropthebomb.co.uk/

 

Does the client want the bomb like that? It doesn't suggest 'drop' to me. How about a mushroom cloud? or go full cartoon mode with something like http://www.chumpyscl...urning_fuse.jpg which could take the edge off any political correctness?

 

What do you mean be careful? I'm confused? :)

be careful that the design is not similar to anothers.

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I know this is an older post but I thought I'd pass on what I have learned from having the word 'Bomb' in my business name. For a couple of years I used different variations of nuke mushroom clouds, grenades etc, I was really happy with them & thought they looked great. Although in that time I recieved quite a few emails from people telling me that using images of nukes & explosives was in bad taste, what with the wars an' all. One "perspective client" even went to the trouble of emailing me telling me they would not be doing business with me due to this image. :bangb:

 

I find the whole thing quite amusing due to the fact that for me BOMB simply stands for Business Of Mark Blount (imaginative I know!!). But I had to take seriously the fact that I may be losing work because of it, so I have been using text based logos for quite some time. So far i've only had positive comments about the logo (if any at all :sorry:). I've no way of really knowing if I've got more clients because of it, but it was certainly food for thought.

 

Good luck!! =@

  • Author

Hey, I know this is an older post but I thought I'd pass on what I have learned from having the word 'Bomb' in my business name. For a couple of years I used different variations of nuke mushroom clouds, grenades etc, I was really happy with them & thought they looked great. Although in that time I recieved quite a few emails from people telling me that using images of nukes & explosives was in bad taste, what with the wars an' all. One "perspective client" even went to the trouble of emailing me telling me they would not be doing business with me due to this image. :bangb:

 

I find the whole thing quite amusing due to the fact that for me BOMB simply stands for Business Of Mark Blount (imaginative I know!!). But I had to take seriously the fact that I may be losing work because of it, so I have been using text based logos for quite some time. So far i've only had positive comments about the logo (if any at all :sorry:). I've no way of really knowing if I've got more clients because of it, but it was certainly food for thought.

 

Good luck!! =@

 

Thanks for the feedback, I have only had a few clients so far and it does sometimes feel weird saying to them DropBombDesign.co.uk :) They seem to not understand ?

 

:)

like ur logo Bomb. looks great

Thanks very much!! :good:

The font is "okay". Stroke is the need to go. They are also nix shadow. Logo should not rely on effects. I want to play a bit 'more graphic of a bomb, it seems a bit' cartoon, and not really professional. Unless thats seems to want to go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.