Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

How important are meta tags nowadays for SEO?

The tags like description and keywords might not be that important today but titles are still very important and probably would remain so even in the future. One way of telling what subjects the sites are about is to look at their titles and the search engines pay attention to the title tags.

Meta description is still important as this is what searchers may see under your page title in the search results and you want your description to entice people to click through to your site.

 

Keywords aren't used anymore by the major search engines but I still fill them in just so they are there to remind me of the keywords for that page when adding new content to the page.

  • Author

I have currently used 3 meta tags in a website I have just designed which are 'description', 'keywords' & 'title'.

 

Are there any other tags I need to include because I have just designed a site for someone as I say which only went live last week & even when I type in the name of the company in Google it doesn't come up?

 

I have registered the site at www.google.com/addurl as well.

 

What am I doing wrong or is it just a case of being patient?

 

Thx.

Lee.

  • Author

Thanks for your feedback.

 

Sorry this is such a basic question but I've never done a sitemap before.

 

How would I design a sitemap?

no one can ignore meta tag and description , they are very important to identify your site by search engine , But it will not affect much about your site popurality

  • 2 weeks later...

<Title>, <Keywords>,<Description> Tags are hidden to user only

But, google read carefully, and content show on behalf of meta tags infront of user

basically, html refers to tags.

thats all..........

  • 1 year later...

  • Have you done typed 'site:www.YOUR-SITE.com' into google to verify it isn't there?

 

Tip: You can Google for site:http://www.yourwebsite.com to see what Google knows.

 

Sorry this is such a basic question but I've never done a sitemap before.

How would I design a sitemap?

 

I use XML Sitemap Generator which is great for under 500 pages.

Edited by NoClass

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have currently used 3 meta tags in a website I have just designed which are 'description', 'keywords' & 'title'.

 

Are there any other tags I need to include because I have just designed a site for someone as I say which only went live last week & even when I type in the name of the company in Google it doesn't come up?

 

I have registered the site at www.google.com/addurl as well.

 

What am I doing wrong or is it just a case of being patient?

 

Thx.

Lee.

 

Don't bother with keywords as you are just telling your competitors what you are targeting, Google or for that fact the majority of search engines pay no attention to the keywords part of meta tags any more. Title and description are still used, especially description.

You should also include a rel=canonical tag to prevent any duplicate content issues.

Edited by Clarity Creative

  • 4 weeks later...

How important are meta tags nowadays for SEO?

 

 

Its a basic step of onpage SEO. we describe our webpage in only 160 character and Search engine fetch it and display in search engine results then we getting visits. Now you conclude it. It is important or not..?

  • 2 weeks later...

The first step of any process is usually the most important. Start as you mean to go on and do it properly.

Its a basic step of onpage SEO. we describe our webpage in only 160 character and Search engine fetch it and display in search engine results then we getting visits. Now you conclude it. It is important or not..?

Search engines don't always display a meta description for the page, see:

 

Thanks BlueDreamer,

 

that video really help clearly sates that Meta tag is not important at all however meta description is essential to work on.

 

Great video highly recommended to watch.

  • 4 weeks later...

Meta tags are pieces of information about an HTML page and provide a set of structured metadata for the document. This metadata is more than just a description and some keywords, as it can also include wider details about the document, including the type of document and the language used.

 

Thanks alot,

David

Meta tags are pieces of information about an HTML page and provide a set of structured metadata for the document. This metadata is more than just a description and some keywords, as it can also include wider details about the document, including the type of document and the language used.

 

Thanks alot,

David

 

Wasn't the OP's question answered 2 years ago?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.